cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

Virat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number (stayed with public mobile only) but I am not able to call or receive the incoming call. I can send the text message though but could not receive a text message. When my services will start?

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Virat 

Do you mean you switched providers from another mobile provider to public mobile, and you also wanted to move your prior phone number here?

If so, did you reply "YES" to the port authorization request from your old provider?

If not, to re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Then, make sure to place your prior provider SIM card in device, await text for port authorization, reply "YES", then replace with your newly activated Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

Set to telus? What are you saying?

@Virat 

Did you activate and port your phone number in? Or change your phone number? Can you confirming you have the following services working or not?

1. Calling: In?  Out?
  2. Texts: SMS: in?  Out?  MMS: In? Out?
  3. Mobile data: Yes/No

Do you see Public Mobile at the top left of your phone's home screen?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Virat @You can try to reset your network setting aswell and make sure it’s set to public mobile … if you need more help you can always talk with agent too 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Did your restart your phone after changing the number 

Need Help? Let's chat.