cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoining Public Mobile

Joefresh7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. Im trying to activate my new sim card but I need to join the community first as its showing that I need to create a troubleshooting ticket. Ive been a member before. It wont let me use my phone number or email address to create an account. It says invalid. Im guessing this is because I was a member before

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I believe PM has fixed the system and allow people to reuse the email address to create new My Account if the old account was permanently closed.  So, if you try to create a My Account and it does not allow you to use the email, maybe your old account was suspended less than 90 days and it is not closed yet..  Open a ticket with PM Support and see if they can confirm.  Since you don't know if your old account is there still, use direct message to open ticket with PM Support:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Joefresh7 

If you port your number out of PM and your account is closed so I am surprised that you can’t port back to PM. 
Try contacting a CS_Agent and see if they can help.

Horemansuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It will not allow you to re-use the old email address. Use a different email, or if you are a Gmail user...

user@gmail.com is the same as user+joe@gmail.com as far as Google is concerned, but a different address to public mobile.

To clarify.. user just adds +xxx, for example user+public. I use this trick to help identify who shared my address.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joefresh7   What you meant by re-activate you new sim card?

first, how long your old PM account was suspended?  account suspended for over 90 days are closed.

If your account was like that, suspended for longer than 90 days, you will have to activate your new SIM as a net new account, pick a new number (you likely won't be able to get your old number back)

If your account was suspended for less than 90 days, you got a new sim because your phone or old sim was lost, then you will need to login in your My Account and request Change SIM card.

So, which situation was that?

Need Help? Let's chat.