cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimbursement

pschnurr2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was a Public Mobile customer for several years but cancelled my services a few months ago after having recently paid for three months of services. I was told I was going to get reimbursed for the two and a half months of services I paid for but didn't use, but I have not yet been reimbursed.  How can I get reimbursed?

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @esjliv @HALIMACS I think the chargeback concern is that you sometime dont know if you charged back the correct account, assuming the charges are the same across

But I don't think it is appropriate to talk about this.  I doubt PM agent will ever agree a refund of that, 2.5 months.  So, if not such promise and OP forgot to cancel Autopay, it is OP's fault and a chargeback is inappropriate 

From other posts I recall this happening to @HALIMACS 

Are you certain it will, @esjliv ?

I might have thought it would only impact the associated account. 

You (anyone) have firsthand experience with this?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pschnurr2 - just be careful if you are considering a chargeback on your card, and you use the same credit card for any other public mobile account you may manage/have. As this will affect (and disable) any accounts connected to the credit card; which could be an ordeal to get up and running. FYI

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pschnurr2 

The ONLY way I figure you might see a kind of 'reimbursement' for services already paid for here is if you were perhaps moving to a Koodo or TELUS service.

Were you?

The only other circumstance might be if you had difficulties obtaining reliable service in a location that they told you that you would be able to get it.

Either way, hope you took screenshots of whomever authorized a refund, if it was in writing.

Worst case, if you WERE promised something you did not get, and you've gone through the channels to get it, request a chargeback on your payment card.  (some may not like me suggesting this, however i feel it's completely justified if the promise was clear and not delivered upon).   

I would personally do it after exhausting reasonable channels.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

HOW  did you 'cancel' your PM service????

WHO told you you will be reimbursed for not used time????

PM does not provide refunds for unused time. Only for non working add-ons and even that could be selective.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pschnurr2 

Who told you that you were going to be reimbursed for the remaining 2.5 months? Public mobile customer service agent? 

In general, since Public mobile is a prepaid service, there are no refunds or pro-rating of accounts. How did you cancel your account?  Ported out to another company?  Removed your autopay information?  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pschnurr2  You need reach support for refund 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.