cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVER CHARGING ME

rita123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello ,

I am on the plan of 13.80 dollars monthly payment . But since the past months you are OVER charging me on my Mastercard.  My monthly payment  is  13.80 dollars. PLEASE STOP overcharging me .

I want a full reimbursement of overcharging me . 

2 REPLIES 2

@rita123 

you were on a $15 plan and have been charged only $12+tax before.

And you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rita123 

Maybe the "overcharge" was just  autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards were now gone.  Check your payment details

And in case you don't know yet,   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

Need Help? Let's chat.