cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Mrbeen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I switched my plan today because I used up my data. I topped up my account with 60.00. When I went to pay for new plan it showed my balance as 0.00

So I tried again wirh a 50.00 plan, and thst didn't  go threw. I then got the 40.00 plan and it went threw. I lost 100.00 and am stuck with a 5 gb plan. I want my money back and am unfortunately stuck with a plan I don't want.

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbeen 

Did you feel as though you were in a real life episode of Mr. Bean today? I can envision him on his mobile phone tongue stuck between his teeth, eyebrows furling and unfurling and eyes opening wide as he is desperately tapping on his screen.......?!!

All kidding aside....what was your original plan that you used up all of the data on? The $40/15gb? You can ask to be renewed on that same plan and a credit for the balance of this caching issue debacle. Alternatively the $45/20gb plan should also still be an option for you or vice versa with the $40/15gb plan. Just explain what happened, what you have learned from the community about the caching issue after the fact and what plan you want to have for the next 30 days. The CSA should be happy to fix this for you. If not report back to us....report back anyways as we would like to know the resolution.

Edit:

Just a note on how pm accounts for transactions in your payment history. For example: $40/15gb plan will be shown as:

• 30 DAY PLAN.............$10
  • 15GB AT 4G SPEED...$30

Just outrageous. There is no mistake. There should not be any shoulda dones. You appear to have wanted to change to the $60 plan. Seems you chose the now option. Fine. But then you didn't see it in the system. Then you seemed to have thought well that didn't work and paid another $40 and changed to the $40 plan. Not fine...because this awful caching system lied to you on the first plan change. This is all completely the fault of the system lying to you. Insist on an immediate refund of whichever plan cost you don't want. They will prefer to either give you credit back to this account or you would wait weeks for an actual refund. Not good enough. The system lied to you.

Unfortunately, the mobile version doesn't show you the running balance of those transactions. Is it possible that you were in suspended status when you started this adventure?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbeen - did you change plans twice? Or was one of those just renewed today?

If any extra funds you paid are not showing in your Available Funds, go ahead and plead your case with a CSA agent.

We are customers/members like you here, so we have no access to your account.

CSA contact methods are provided above by 2 other members.

HI @Mrbeen I think in case like this, PM will do something

make sure you check your Community inbox for their reply

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbeen    When you receive a response from CSA's, I'd also suggest that you ask them to switch you over to $40/15GB the same time as sorting out the over payment issue.

Mrbeen

Hi thank you.

I just wsnt the 60.00 I lost out on.

Screenshot_20230127-134820_Samsung Internet.jpg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbeen - please note that when you change plans before a cycle is due to renew again you lose out on the funds of the current plan you are already in; so there is no prorating that previous plan amount.

Any extra funds will stay on your account and be used up first on the next and future renewals. You could ask for a refund with CSA (by methods supplied by other members), but the refund request itself could take up to your next renewal day anyhow.

edit to add, above is also mentioned by @BKNS27 

Note, also, when you renew early you do not receive any rewards/points on early renewals. It will pick back up again on your next schedule renewal date.

Mrbeen

Thanks for explaining. But out out 100.00 and need rhe money.

I have 38.00 left in my account.

Here is the snap shot of what happened today..

Screenshot_20230127-134820_Samsung Internet.jpg

 some of those I didn't do myself. Or I mean I didn't authorize the 30.00 or the 10.00 for example.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbeen 

After you topped up your account, refresh your browser by clicking on the circular arrow.

It will refresh the page with your top up. 

Please note that any overcharge will remain as credit on your account and will apply to next month payment.

You can ask for a refund from a CS_Agent but it may take up to a month to complete the refund so just leave it as credit.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mrbeen   you new CS agent to help to renew your exiting plan earlier.  You should have open ticket with PM CS agent. 

If you just made all these changes today , CS agent might be able to change it back with the proper plan you want.  Open ticket with them at 

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrbeen   you should have used Incognito mode and make the change and probably it will avoid the issue

But no worry, if it is an honest mistake, I believe PM support can help and put the fund back into your account for future renewal,   Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbeen  

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1674842520920.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.