cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Jasonyyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a SIM card from Public Mobile and paid the fee, but it didn't arrive on time. After waiting, I switched to another telecom company. About ten days later, the SIM card finally arrived, but I no longer need it. I want to cancel my account with Public Mobile, even though it has already been registered. The SIM card has not been activated.

Unfortunately, no one has been able to resolve this issue for me, and I'm only getting automated AI chats, which is frustrating. I can't believe a company doesn't provide proper customer service. I’ve already paid around 40 dollars, and I want to request a refund since I never used the SIM card. I don't know how to proceed, and there seems to be nowhere to ask for help. It's really annoying

It doesn't make any sense that a telecom company doesn't have a simple way to send an email and get responses. You should know that providing this kind of service is not the way to lower your costs. I've sent multiple texts, tried to send emails, and attempted to speak with customer service, but nothing gets resolved. You don’t have a single contact number, nor a portal where I can send an email. What kind of customer service is this? All I get is communication.

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Jasonyyy 

As per folks here, please contact a CS Agent for a refund. Since the SIM card hasn't been activated and a phone number has not been issued, a refund is possible. 

SELF EDITED: Removed link to CS Agent as already provided.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Jasonyyy 

Message  PM support agent t, explain the situation and there is a chance they will agree the refund 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Once you paid for service, refund is not possible as PM is pre-paid.
Try to see SIM to somebody who would like to sign up with PM.

Nevertheless, open a Ticket and ask agent if they can do anything for you. Problem would be how to return SIM. Agent might be able to refund you since service not used but not for SIM.

Try and let us know!

P.S. Some clients managed to get refund so it is worth to try:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Activation-unsuccessful-and-I-can-t-get-m...

Need Help? Let's chat.