cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on unused account funds

rodjames
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I just ported my number off Public Mobile to another provider.  There was 21$ left in my account, and as soon as I ported I am not unable to access selfserve.

How do I get this 21$ back?  I'm not about giving money away for nothing.

Thanks,

Rod

8 REPLIES 8

rodjames

It was a good run either way 🙂 Nothing bad against PM, just got a veterans discount on a new plan I couldn't turn down (it's got 5g lol)

HI @rodjames   Sorry, prepaid is prepaid  and no partial refund  😞  

Hope you have a Happy new Big Red life   🙂

rodjames

Thanks for the replies, I'm just gonna write it off.  If it was more than 20$ I would probably bother.  But no I moved to the big red guy, so it's gone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rodjames 

I'll probably get 'called out' for this, but IF you've moved to TELUS or Koodo, you might have a chance to capture this 'credit' if you reach a nice Customer Service Representative there.  (this is because TELUS is the parent company of Koodo & Public Mobile)

But I wouldn't hold your breath...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah it is lost unfortunately. You used to be able to transfer it over to another PM account but that isn't an option anymore either

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no refund at PM if you are closing your account.

Porting out closes your account.

rodjames

Oops

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rodjames That is right. As soon as you port out your number, your account is deactivated. You should've contacted them first about the remaining balance. I believe there is nothing they can do now. 

Need Help? Let's chat.