cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Code Without Sim Card

FreeFreddy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for a plan last week and am still waiting on my SIM card. But my wife wants to go with the plan before it expires today. Is it possible to get my referral code without completing my activation?

16 REPLIES 16

@hTideGnow Thanks. Good to know.

I did. I was part of the community before but didn't know you can combine the profiles together. Not too worried. Doing MUCH better now. 🙂

@Meow wrote:

I do not think you can subscribe to PM without SIM.

You have to have SIM (or eSIM) in order to activate your account, get number, pay first bill and see your referral code.

HI @Meow 

sorry, that is untrue.  Also told @Chalupa_Batman above, you can activate and ask PM to send you sim (or pick up from Telus/Koodo store) all at the same time.   PM will charge you full amount first but actual cycle date won't happen until the person to enter the sim card number to complete the activation

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I do not think you can subscribe to PM without SIM.

You have to have SIM (or eSIM) in order to activate your account, get number, pay first bill and see your referral code.

Hi @Chalupa_Batman 

you have been here 5 years? I thought you just started Community recently.. LoL

Interesting indeed. And here ends the education lesson. 🙂 

They didn't have all this fancy stuff when I started with PM 5 years ago. 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

So you're saying that with the PM App, it will recognize if the phone is eSIM compatible?

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

yes, the app can tell what phone you got and if it is eSIM compatible

But the subscription on website give you option to activate now and buy sim as well 

So you're saying that with the PM App, it will recognize if the phone is eSIM compatible?

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

the option is there

many people did it

people can take advantage of any expiring deal.  And PM does not start the cycle until it is finally activated after sim card received and entered on the system.  So, no waste of 3 weeks

Why would anyone want to waste paying for 3 weeks of a cell phone service and not be able to use it?  Would Public Mobile really charge someone to start a plan, make them wait 3 weeks to get the SIM card before they can even use the service and only get 1 weeks of service for the price of a full 30 days?

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

this is the option to activate first and get sim after

hTideGnow_0-1696284851905.png

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Sorry @hTideGnow but something is off here. Signed up for a plan without a SIM card? SIM cards from Public Mobile take 3 weeks or more. Public Mobile can't charge for a product they haven't used yet. 

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

nothing off, you didn't test the activation site yourself?

there is an option for people to activate and wait for sim card to come or pickup at Telus/Koodo store

The account will be charged and partially activated

Test it out and try yourself

I'd be careful suggesting an eSIM since you don't know what phone this person has. If it's even eSIM compatible. If the person buys it based on your advice and their phone is incompatible, that just wasted their money and time.

@FreeFreddy Before taking this advice, I'd confirm FIRST if your phone is eSIM compatible. If it isn't, you'd be wasting your money.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @hTideGnow but something is off here. Signed up for a plan without a SIM card? SIM cards from Public Mobile take 3 weeks or more. Public Mobile can't charge for a product they haven't used yet. 

Hi @FreeFreddy 

I don't think you signed up for a plan and waiting for the SIM card to arrive. I believe you need the SIM card in your phone to complete the sign up. As per @hTideGnow I'd call up some local Telus stores in your area and see if they have any SIM cards. If not, don't think you'll be getting the plan. But eh...  I'd love to be proved wrong. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@FreeFreddy 

you could use eSIM and receive the QR code to begin the process today.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @FreeFreddy 

if you already activated and just waiting for sim card, your are already on the plan, PM already charged you for that plan

But i suggest you to submit ticket with CS agent and ask for sim status, it could take long for them to deliver

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Add: if you have not activate yet, then get a sim card from Telus and Koodo store instead, quicker

Need Help? Let's chat.