cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot text or call from one public mobile to another --

fsadikali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings,

I noted from very early (three years ago) on that I cannot text from one Public Mobile number to another (A to B).  The other subscriber can text me (B to A).  If I try to call the other number it also does not work and goes to VM (A to B), but they can call me (B to A).

I am not sure what the problem is.  But its a security issue now as we don't have reliable communications.

Is there any way we can have Public Mobile escalate this to the parent network?  It doesnt feel like a phone issue.   This doesnt happen to any other phone I know of outside of PB.   I dont know anyone else with PB so I cant say for sure, but doubt, it happens to all PB numbers. 

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Is this just with one particular Public Mobile user?  If it's only one person have you checked that they haven't accidentally blocked you? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fsadikali 

another one is a PM subscriber too?

try your sim card in another phone and test

if same, please submit a ticket with CS agent, since both are PM, should be easy to trace:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fsadikali 

Have you tried your SIM card in any other phone to rule out if it’s a device issue? You could also try resetting your network settings but this will also clear all of your saved WiFi passwords on the device. 

If you are looking for Public Mobile to investigate on their end you’ll have to message customer service.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.