cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring wifi issues on different networks - are there any carrier network issues?

jen294950
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been experiencing network issues for a while now. Whether I am at home, at school, or at work, at least once daily even though my connection says it is excellent, internet websites fail to load, Facebook messenger says there is no connection.

I have tried the basic troubleshooting steps:

Restart device, turn off wifi, turn on airplane mode, reset network/wifi/bluetooth, restart modem/router (at home).

I have a Pixel 5. I contacted google for support and they said to ask if there are any outages/coverage issues. Not sure how to check this but my family also used Public mobile (same household) and they don't have the same problem.

Thanks for your help. 

6 REPLIES 6

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@jen294950  Can you clarify that you mean cellular data and not wifi?  They are two different things that are enabled/disabled separately.  A problem with wifi connection would not be related to Public Mobile as already noted, but a cellular data problem would be.  That you mention resetting the router suggests you really do mean wifi?  When you are out and about you need to have cellular data turned on except if you are specifically connecting to public wifi provided by a store/restaurant etc.

@jen294950 wrote:

Hi, Google said it could be a carrier network issue. I need to confirm if there are any carrier outages/coverage issues before proceeding with more troubleshooting. How would I do this? (I tried submitting a ticket but kept getting an error for the website).

Public Mobile isn't responsible for, nor do they provide Wi-Fi service.

jen294950
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Google said it could be a carrier network issue. I need to confirm if there are any carrier outages/coverage issues before proceeding with more troubleshooting. How would I do this? (I tried submitting a ticket but kept getting an error for the website).

@jen294950 wrote:

I have been experiencing network issues for a while now. Whether I am at home, at school, or at work, at least once daily even though my connection says it is excellent, internet websites fail to load, Facebook messenger says there is no connection. 

Issues with Wi-Fi are unrelated to your cell phone company's wireless service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jen294950 on your phone, try the different network mode instead of leaving it Automatic. Try setting to 4G 

And test your sim.card in another phone to see if it is a device issue

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jen294950 

Try resetting the Network setting but remember the wifi password to reconnect to wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.