cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering my lost phone number after 90days of deactivating

hazel_237
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This summer, I came back to my home country and had to deactivate my account to not waste money on non-using subscription. I was planning to disable auto-pay for 90days since my account will be disabled after that. However, i missed the date and now it has been more than 90days since I haven't paid for my account. Therefore, my account is currently dead, which made me lose my subscription and even phone number. I searched up if there is any way that i can recover my account, but they said if it's past 90days it is unavailable. However, I have heard that I still can recover the same phone number through Customer Support Agent. I am currently not in Canada and do not have an access of logging in to this Public Mobile Website. How can I contact to CSA and request for recovering my lost phone number? Please someone help me 🙏 

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

As @softech wrote, there may be a chance to still get your number. My understanding from a friend at Telus said is they keep all dead numbers for 6 months before giving them back out. So you may still have a chance to get it. Follow his link.

Furthermore, if this happens again, best advice I can give is to, in your last few days of your subscription to Public Mobile, before you head back over seas for an extended time and you want to keep your number, download an app called Fongo. They do charge $20 I think to port your number to them. Then you'll have the number on your phone app. Just make a call with it via WiFi every few weeks or send a texts over WiFi back to Canada. As long as you're on WiFi, you can call back to Canada free. You will get a notice if you are about to lose your number for inactivity. So make sure it's an email account you use often. Then when you get back to Canada, sign up for PM and you can port your number back. I've done it. Easy as pie! Good luck.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hazel_237 

Are you sure the account is dead?

In fact, it's not 90 days since the last payment that you need to be concerned about, rather 120 days from the last payment date.

That is because after the last payment the cycle runs 30 days and then the account is suspended for up to 90 before losing your phone number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hazel_237 if you missed the 90 days by only couple days, there is a slight  chance PM support can help.

But it depends if you got the number from PM originally. (If the number was ported into PM from another provider, it would have returned back to that other provider and PM cannot help).  Also, you will need a friend in Canada to get a new PM sim card and help to  activate  new account for yiu (and hence you will start the rewards again on the new system)

So, if both above conditions are met, you can try you lick and message support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.