cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieve text while in France

DamsCht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I am currently in France for a few month, I have a french number for communication but to access my bank and other websites, I need a code they send on my Canadian number, through text. But my sim does not connect to the french network.

Is it because Public Mobile do not connect at all to french network ?
Some organization simply tell I do not have a choice, I need the code. Any solution guys?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@DamsCht 

Sorry, at Public Mobile service can't be used in France. only in Canada and they offer USA roaming...

@Anonymous what value does this reply add?  You've just restated what has already been said several times in this thread and a couple of hours before your post.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DamsCht 

Sorry, at Public Mobile service can't be used in France. only in Canada and they offer USA roaming...

@Triguy wrote:

You could try using wifi apps like Textnow or WhatsApp or purchase a local sim.

These two apps cannot receive short codes from most companies. TextNow might, if you pay for that features.

@DamsCht 

Can you get your code sent by voice call to your voicemail? If you plan on suspending your pm service while away  then by using the lost/stolen feature and suspending before your 30 day cycle ends at midnight eastern you will retain active voicemail service.

Dial your phone number from another phone. When it connects press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # to access your voice mail. You can access verification codes sent by phone call.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry , PM does not offer roaming other than USA

You will have to call the bank to see if you can setup other mean of authentication quickly.

Consider using VoIP app like TextNow to make the free call back to Canada.  You know, it might take long time to reach an agent. to talk to   🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try using wifi apps like Textnow or WhatsApp or purchase a local sim.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@DamsCht wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently in France for a few month, I have a french number for communication but to access my bank and other websites, I need a code they send on my Canadian number, through text. But my sim does not connect to the french network.

Some organization simply tell I do not have a choice, I need the code. Any solution guys?

Thanks!

Best is to buy a local SIM and get some cheap prepaid plan.

Edit: I just realize you already have a french number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DamsCht wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Once you leave Canada and USA, your Public Mobile plan features will cease working. No add-on available either.

@DamsCht wrote:

Sorry, but Public Mobile service cannot be used in France.  I would contact people and provide them with an alternate way to reach you such as e-mail or another phone number.  For banking verification, you will need to see if the bank has an e-mail option. Otherwise, you will need to contact your bank's customer service department again.

Need Help? Let's chat.