cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really poor signal

Nocall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in a city, no tall buildings around, mapped the towers, three nearby. But I have 1 bar and data almost nonexistent. I have tried LTE and 3G, no difference. Pixel 3

Any assistance appreciated 

19 REPLIES 19

@Nocall  yes Wifi calling is not common for tier 3 provider 😞

For VoLTE, PM keeps a shortlist for Compatible devices, for Pixel, only Pixel 4 and above make the list

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Nocall

I have a Pixel 3 (hey, it was free) but not on PM's list to be compatible with VoLTE. 

Also no Wifi calling with PM.

Funny, since both work even on Freedom.

@Nocall  Hopefully it will be fixed soon 

Nocall

According to the map, I am in the middle of a serious outage. Should have checked that first day. 🤪

@Nocall PM is owned by Telus.  So reply the message and ask them to escalate

And do you have any friends on Bell or Telus, do they experience the same issue??

Nocall

I have had them repovision, and numerous other steps. I suspect tower in my area is having issues. Of course, PM has no access to tower information and I cannot send in ticket to Telus, since my phone number is technically not one of theirs.

SillySuha

Yes thank you, he sent me a link on how to open a ticket with customer support.  Working on it now.

@SillySuha , if you need more help with yours, have a post that you created “Just switched to PM - very poor reception” where @softech responded back 🙂

SillySuha

Thank you.  

@SillySuha eSIM, you cannot try on another phone

Montreal should not have had reception

Message support and ask them to reprovision the account/sim 

SillySuha

It’s an esim; Montreal QC

@Nocall which city or province?

you tried your sim in  another phone?

if nothing works , I would message support and ask them to reprovision your sim/account

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Nocall

I did the network redt, no change. Signal strength is -119dbm

Nocall

Reset network settings, no change. Restarted phone no change. New to PM and poor signal since I started. Dropped signal completely when I was driving.

SillySuha

I have the exact same problem - I just switched and it took 2 days to port my number - I feel like I made a mistake 😞 I will try the reset network settings and see if that doesn’t help. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Firstly I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear your having issues. More so that you own a Pixel 3. LOL. Kidding.

Open your settings and go to Network and Internet. Reset your network from there and reboot the phone. See if that works.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nocall is it always like that or it just happened  or you just joined PM?

Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps

Do you also have another phone to test the PM sim card?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nocall  Maybe try resetting your network settings . Also can you try the SIM card in another phone and see if it improves 

Need Help? Let's chat.