cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reached minutes limit but didn't make any phone calls

Kimdixon24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan includes unlimited incoming calls and 100 outgoing minutes per cycle.  My current cycle is September 22 to October 21.  My account says I've reached my 100 minute limit and I can't make any calls.  I only have one incoming call for 37 minutes and one out going call for 1 minute both on October 1st.  Any idea why my account shows I've reached my limit, and how do I fix it?

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kimdixon24 

Is your phone originally bought from Telus? Did you have service with Telus previously with this phone?

Kimdixon24

This worked only if we’re on the same wifi. Otherwise the message says I’ve used up all my minutes then just hangs up. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kimdixon24 

Allow the message to completely finish and see if the call connects. If the last part of the message instructs you to press "*" do so without hanging up and see if your call connects. Report back your results.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kimdixon24 

Login to your account and click View Usage History but it doesn’t sound correct if you had 1 incoming and 1 outgoing calls. So contact a CS_Agent to have it corrected.

Remember that outgoing calls are rounded up to 1 minute.

Meanwhile, you can text your friends and family to call you for unlimited incoming calls or purchase 500 minutes for $5 as per @hairbag1 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on to get you going today.

Then contact CSA to look into discrepancies. Remember also...checking your voicemail uses up minutes too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kimdixon24 

Well that's not right. 

Use the Get Help to submit a ticket to the CSA's if your usage history for past 30 days confirms what you've stated.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/chatbot

EDIT:  also try dialing 1+area code to see if that allows call to be placed...

Kimdixon24

No change after refreshing page.  Even when I try to make a call the voice recording says I've reached my limit and can't.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh.

REFRESH, REFRESH, REFRESH

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

refresh.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.