cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to get a refund from Public Mobile

norita
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Please let me know if it was possible to get refunds from Public mobile?  I transfer my number to another  provider but they still charged me today another month

21 REPLIES 21

hi @norita prepaid is prepaid, it is best to arrange portong couple days before renewal to avoid running into your situation

I feel pity for your case , but we are just customers here and we cannot provide you refund or further help.  Your only choice now is to check with CS agent.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

norita

I m telling you again, I had 3 accounts  one for each of my children and another one for me, they charged me today for another month that we wont receive their services because we are moving to freedom, it is easy to addd, 29=29=29 equal to 87 dollars that they are trying to steal 

hi @norita PM is prepaid carrier and it is normal they dont provide refund.

but even port was not completed and you got charged another month, it won't be $100

We are only customers here, at this point, you can only talk to PM agent and arrange something with them. We cannot suggest further from here

norita

they port numbers were not succefull the first try, that was two days ago,  today they charged me even though we had authorized the transfer by responding "yes" to their text,   They still charged us today another month even though we are leaving.    Freedom  just request the numbers again  and we haven't get the test from public mobile,  plus they refuse to refund our money

norita

I have my two children and my account that is 29 dollars monthly for each of us, they charged me today and  they haven't allow  to port my number to freedom yet, I have 30 more minutes to  respond their text to authorized the port out numbers, we have 3 accounts

hi @norita how much exactly they charged you?? unless yours is a 90 days plan, there is no way PM will charge you $100, or unless you accidentally added more than enough fund to it

but did you talk to agent yet?? best to check with them.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

norita

NO, the transfer wasn't done, PM charged me  almost $100 today before I  am moving to Freedom right now.   I still have $25 bonus in this account, is there a way I can transfer this to some one before my number get imported from Freedom?

norita

The port wasn't completed because an error and they charged me and my two children today even though we are leaving.  They charged me the amount of 3 months because it was my children and my phone.  This is not fair, right now Freedom is porting the numbers again from Public mobile and I just going to leave PM with that feeling of being defrauded by PM.  This is not a goof phone service.   

norita

Hello everybody, We have to be aware that public mobile doesn't do refunds if there is any mistake and their service isn't required any more, they still keep the money, not matter what. This is not fair and it is not worthy for such a regular phone quality services.

Just wait for their response. It sounds like your account wasn't active when the port went over. You will need to have an active account at Public Mobile for the plan to actually port. However, if the account was active at the time of porting, then they will refund you. If the account wasn't active at the time of porting, you will have to pay a min fee of $15, the lowest plan, just to get it active so you can port over. Then once it's active, you'll need to contact your new service provider to try the port again.

@norita wrote:

The old public mobile Simcard doesn't work as they suspended the service, but it appears  to be an error in the transferring the number, and my cellphone is working with a temporary number from freedom because my number is being hold by public mobile.   I just sent a message requesting the full refund.  I am also unable to submit a ticket here.  what else should I do? just wait for their response?

@norita 

That is why you were charged.  Your port to Freedom mobile was not successful.  However, your PM plan is not working, which it should be.  What does your PM self service account show?  Active or suspended account? If you were charged by PM, your account should be active. 

You probably will need to wait for CSA response. It usually takes a few hours. 

hi @norita 

this is strange.  I suggest you to call Freedom and understand if the port was done or not as that will be a different approach with PM support

if port was not done, you have to resume service (and pay for a full cycle without refund), so the port can be completed.  It is regular practice that account must be active to port

if the port was done , then you just message PM and ask them why they keep charging after the port completion

but start with Freedom to confirm if port was completed

norita

The old public mobile Simcard doesn't work as they suspended the service, but it appears  to be an error in the transferring the number, and my cellphone is working with a temporary number from freedom because my number is being hold by public mobile.   I just sent a message requesting the full refund.  I am also unable to submit a ticket here.  what else should I do? just wait for their response?

@norita 

Did you successfully transfer your number to another carrier?  Are you able to receive calls and texts with your new carrier with the same phone number?  Just want to make sure that your port to new carrier was successful.  Do you still have old PM SIM card?  If you do, try to re-insert in your phone to see whether working properly.  

hi @norita 

please use this direct message link I provided to submit  ticket, this will work as it is direct message

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @norita 

Don't give up. Yes, you CAN get a refund. If you ported out your number to another service provider and can show them the date you did it, they can refund your money. 

Please contact a CS Agent via this link and advise them the situation.

They will reply in the top right corner.

norita

The problem is that they suspend my service and the system doesn't allow me to submit a ticket, what can I do?  thank you so much

HI @norita 

sorry, they charged you today on a new cycle after you transfer to another provider?  If they charged you after you ported out, then yes, you can ask them to provide refund.  Please submit a ticket with CS Agent here using direct message:

norita

I guess I will have to  keep going with public mobile one more month, in that case I need public mobile to unlock the service because they can't charge and suspend us from service at the same time.  Please instruct me how to get the service  back working

HI @norita 

sorry, NO.  

PM is a prepaid provider and they do not provide refund because early cancellation like your case

norita

Hi, Please let me know if it was possible to get refunds from Public mobile?  I transfer my number to another  provider but they still charged me today another month. thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.