cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Picture and Group Messaging End Date | Feb 14

JodyThornton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since I ported my number to a competitor over this issue, and I JUST paid my monthly top up to you (and since I still have 4 GB of bonus data, plus 500 international unused minutes with you guys), is there any possible way to seek a refund of this month's top up?  I really liked your service, but Lucky Mobile is letting me use MMS on older devices for just a little bit longer.

8 REPLIES 8

JodyThornton

@RavingRaven 

Unfortunately, I prepaid on February 5, so I wouldn't forget to top up for March.  Anyway, I tried, and they won't refund.  I'm not going to lodge the CCTS complaint over $22.  My time is more valuable.

Just another example of the big three telco companies being the big three as always.  Enjoy your Public Mobile.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JodyThornton 

Did the renewal for Public Mobile occur within a day or so of you porting out? It can't hurt to contact customer support and ask for a refund despite the prepaid service policy. If you are refused it would be worth mentioning that losing a vital part of your mobile services could be cause for a C C T S complaint. This should escalate your request to a manager who may grant a refund to avoid an official complaint. Good Luck!

JodyThornton

I'm sending pictures on older iPhones right now over SMS.  They're being received.  So yes I'm sure Bell/Lucky will follow suit one day.  However, at this moment I'm able to function on Lucky with an "Old" device in a way I can no longer do with Public.

Sadly though, good customer service should prevail.  There could have been a way to refund a top up over something like this.  Exceptions CAN ALWAYS be made.  The will just isn't there.  That's all.

HI @JodyThornton 

sad to tell you, it is an industry thing.  If you have a phone older than 2015, other carriers will have the same MMS policy too, it is a technology/server thing.  

JodyThornton

Well that's unfortunate an exception can't be made.  Had you not rid of the legacy MMS infrastructure, we'd still be good.

That's OK.  I'll consider this the price I have to pay for better service elsewhere.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JodyThornton 

sorry, PM is a prepaid provider and no refund

once you ported your account out, your account will be closed, and the add-on, avaiable funds will be gone too

JodyThornton

All good.  I just ported my number to Lucky Mobile over this.  So for now, I can send MMS texts with pictures over older devices that no longer worked on Public Mobile.  It works on my iPhone 6 and my iPhone 5s.  Whew!

JodyThornton

I just ported my number to Lucky Mobile over this.  As for now, I can indeed send MMS texts with pictures over older devices that no longer worked on Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.