cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferred phone number not updating

Emmanuel95181
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello. i recently switched to public mobile, and at first i had a unique number, then i decided i wanted to transfer my old bell phone number instead. its been hours since i started the transfer. everything works, i can send texts, i can receive texts, i can call, and i can receive calls. but my phone still says that my number is the unique number i originally got, and as a result i can’t use imessage or facetime. ive restarted. does anyone know any fixes? im guessing i just have to wait longer?

9 REPLIES 9

Emmanuel95181

it in fact didnt apply a discount to make it free, but it worked lol. thanks!

@Emmanuel95181 

rebuy the eSIM for free and the issue will be resolved 

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device
(in rare case that PM charges you for the replacement esim, you can submit a ticket with PM support and ask them for reimbursement)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Emmanuel95181 

The port look to be correctly as you can receive and make calls and texts using your old number.

the issue is  your phone still registered the unique number as iMessage number.

disable iMessage, FaceTime, disable eSIM, by toggle Turn on this line, restart, enable eSIM, then iMessage, FaceTime.

Emmanuel95181

the mybell app says the service is cancelled, so the transfer worked. i said yes at 7 am and its 12 pm now, so 5 hours

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Emmanuel95181   How long ago did you reply YES to the text from Bell authorizing the port?  Does any of your Bell service still work?  Is this a Bell cell number or landline?

Emmanuel95181

just tried that, didn’t work. still says im using the unique number i originally had

EB0

@Emmanuel95181 

Disable eSIM by  toggle turn on this line, restart, then enable eSIM by toggle turn on this line

Settings, cellular, Public mobile, turn on this line

Emmanuel95181

sorry i forgot to mention i’m using esim

EB0

@Emmanuel95181 

Disable iMessage and FaceTime, remove the SIM card, restart the phone, insert the SIM card, then enable iMessage and FaceTime

Need Help? Let's chat.