cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Locked out

Barbara1969
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi please get back to me on 709xxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

my friends account has been locked out,she is not able to log in to pay and continue the service,

her email if is either xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

xxxxxxxxxxxx7@gmail.com

she forgot her password too

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

13 REPLIES 13

Gaucho

Thank you everyone for the timely help.

I wrote the Moderator a private note 👍

@Gaucho  if you forgot the reset question you have to open ticket with Mod

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gaucho : No workaround. Only moderators. You can buy a voucher online or in many stores and use the 611 service to pay. You can also use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores.

But 611 has to work. Otherwise you have another problem.

Gaucho

Thx! 

I just got of the phone and someone suggested same. Forgive me, I didn't know *611 still worked. We'll try that to get her up and running. 

Any idea what the work around is for resetting you password for your account if you've forgot your verification answer as well? I thought it might default to another question but it hasn't. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gaucho : The only thing to do with payment cards in the 611 is toggling autopay on or off if there's a pre-registered card. But you should be able to call 611. If you can't then a whole other problem is going on.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Gaucho wrote:

Hi Folks, 

My sister has an interesting one. She's locked out from her account because she can't remember her password as well as the answer to her verification question. She's 2 for 2 - LOL. When you wait 50 min it asks the same question, so no luck there.

The other issue her phone was deactivated after 30 days because auto pay didn't recognize that she had a new credit card with new expiry date. Yes she forgot to update it. She can't dial *611 and update Auto Pay because her phone is deactivated. 

I'm stymied, does she need to go to a Public Mobile Kiosk?

Thanks for any help!

@Gaucho   She'll need to submit a ticket to moderators for password reset via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option is to private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

She can also get a voucher from a retail, gas/convenience store and use the 611 system to load the funds and reactivate the account until she has had time to sort out the password issue.

Edit:  sorry missed the part tha 611 isn't working for her, ignore the last part of my response.  😊

@Gaucho  To reactivate the account, best way is to first get the logon issue resolved

Then logon the account and use the Replace Credit Card option to replace with the new card with new expiry date and then pay the outstanding amount and the reactivate the account and reboot the phone

@Gaucho  She waited an hour to try logging on again and still no luck?

If she try the Forgot password button?    Make sure she checks the Spam folder as well just in case.

If she didn't get any reset password email, then maybe the email address she tried was wrong.  She can still use the Forgot password button to try other possible email addresses she might have used

Gaucho

Hi Folks, 

My sister has an interesting one. She's locked out from her account because she can't remember her password as well as the answer to her verification question. She's 2 for 2 - LOL. When you wait 50 min it asks the same question, so no luck there.

The other issue her phone was deactivated after 30 days because auto pay didn't recognize that she had a new credit card with new expiry date. Yes she forgot to update it. She can't dial *611 and update Auto Pay because her phone is deactivated. 

I'm stymied, does she need to go to a Public Mobile Kiosk?

Thanks for any help!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Barbara1969 

Have your friend reach out to a Moderator directly via SIMon chatbot or direct message (like @esjliv mentioned).

Since these Community accounts are different than the Public Mobile phone accounts, your friend can still reach out to a Moderator via Community if she doesn't have access to her Public Mobile account.  They will ask her various questions to authenticate her and should hopefully be able to help her from there.

It helps if she has vouchers ready to go, or a credit card ready to pay for her service.  🙂

@Barbara1969 

It's nice of you to help out your friend but please edit your post as previously mentioned.

Vouchers purchased at Shell stations, London Drugs, SDM and 7/11 are all immediately valid and can be added to the account by dialing 611. Once it connects press (1) and (1) again then enter tne 12 digit pin #.

More info can be found here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

@ShawnC13 @Dunkman @computergeek541 

Can one of you edit? Please and thank you.

Edit:

@Dunkman  Thanks!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Barbara1969 wrote:

hi please get back to me on ----- or -----

my friends account has been locked out,she is not able to log in to pay and continue the service,

her email if is either -------

-------

she forgot her password too

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information.

To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

If the Forgot your password (as @Anonymous posted) does not work, try a different browser and clear cache/cookies from the device being used.

If that still fails Moderators can help regain access if account was not suspended for over 90 days.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barbara1969 : I don't think the friend would like you posting their private information here.

Your friend could wait about an hour and try again. Try the Forgot your password? link too.

Your friend could buy a voucher online or in many stores and redeem it through the 611 service. Or use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.