cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS after port

Jay1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I ported my number yesterday, everything went good except for a couple of things. 

When I try to turn on RCS chat in Google Messages, it tries to connect to the temp number that I previously had. The text while connected to RCS will show on other people's phones as the temp number, if it turn off RCS then they will show with my ported number. Any ideas how to fix?

Also, just noticed while logging in for this question, even though my number shows as the ported number in my profile, the system still sent the 2FA code to the temporary number, so I had no way to get it. Luckily there was an option to send to email. Is there any way to change this?

18 REPLIES 18

TJ_22

I think you're confused......since march 13th, when I resolved my problem myself, I no longer have any issues.

@TJ_22 

regular text/sms was working, so it is not now?

ask agent to fix that first.  it is affecting many new subscribers but agent can refresh the account and fix that

TJ_22

Back when I had the problem, yes, regular texts/sms was working.

HI @TJ_22 

but can you send and receive regular text/sms?

PM is having problem setting up new accounts with SMS functions, so, we need to confirm if sms works before trying to fix RCS problem

TJ_22

I tried that numerous times and it never worked for me.

Brock0Lee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found the fix for this issue.  I had the same issues and solved it in less then 12 hours.  Should work for everyone having the RCS chat features stuck on verifying.  

Solution: navigate to here https://myaccount.google.com/phone and there you'll see your number and a toggle to verify your number. Re verify there and it should work.  Remove any other devices in that list that you're no longer using also. 

TJ_22

It confirms what I saw a couple of times elsewhere on the net. Good!

Jay1982

Waiting seemed to have helped also!

At first I turned on RCS and it connected to the temp number, so I turned it off, went into advanced options and confirmed my number, then went back and enabled and it connected to my correct number. I have left RCS Chats off since March 2, so just under 2 weeks of waiting. 

TJ_22

Jay1982

I'll wait until this Friday instead and try to turn it back on. If it still doesn't work then I might have to try your way. 

TJ_22

Was not capable of waiting! 😉 So I searched and did everything possible to no avail.

After, I decided to try purchasing new eSim and transfer my account on it. It worked!!

I will post after this on the community about it under something like "RCS problems after porting number".

Jay1982

Yes, I've heard that as well that it can take that long. I've had mine turned off since April 2, so I'll wait until maybe April 20 just to be sure and try again and will let you know if it worked.  

TJ_22

Same for me, switched to Public 6 days ago and I have the same problem. When on RCS, recipients will get messages from temp number I got from Public. 

Tried everything..... I saw that things with Google can take up to 7-14 days to update so will wait and see.

TJ_22

If you are speaking about the 2FA code to login, it's thru the "Manage EverSafe ID" in the profile section of your account.

Jay1982

Any other replies or suggestions?

Jay1982

Yes, both inbound and outbound calls work, data works, texts do work also. It just the fact that Google Messages only wants to connect to the temp number. I've tried restarting several times, deleting the cache and data from the app, switching between SMS apps, even changing the number listed as my number in the advanced options, nothing seems to work. 

hi @Jay1982 so port completed?? Both Inbound and outbound calls work??

Jay1982

Quick update, I think I got the 2FA part figured out.

Need Help? Let's chat.