cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Plan oh Hold

batoulfarhat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

My phone plan is supposed to renew tonight, but I'll be going on vacation for 3 weeks so I want to renew it after I come back, how do I do this without cancelling my plan?

22 REPLIES 22

To be clear, the reason of the big backlash was because they tried to chsnge the pricing on a plan that was advetised as a plan that was never going to change. 

They seem to have learned ther leason and no lnger advertise this way. So anything goes for the other plans.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

It seems to me the minimum plan price has gone up recently. Could someone please confirm either way? Many thanks

@Kathieknox  If you are asking about the $10 plan that used to be offered, then yes that was recently retired and now the lowest cost plan available is $15 plan.  If you are on the $10 plan then you are grandfathered in and will only lose it if you opt to change your plan to a different one.

To add to what @dabr mentioned, there is also a chance that PM will decide that they want to rais the price on that plan, somewhere down the road.  It is rather unlikely anytime soon, but PM did attempt to raise the price on an existing  (grandfathered) plan a while back.  They backed down after major complaints, etc.

@Anonymous   Yes, unfortunately, PM does always have the option to raise the price of any of the plans with just 30 days notice to us, but I'm also hoping that they won't do that anytime soon after the backlash from their last effort trying to do that.

@Kathieknox wrote:

What a shame as I followed directions in earlier community posts over the last months.

About 10 days ago I specifically reached out to a moderator. Received a reply and I replied back a couple of times. Intially they sent me an email to verify account. I let them know right away that I was unable to get this function to work. I have heard nothing for 8 days. 

I have indicated that I am very concerned about losing number. It does not make sense to me that I have not heard back. This can’t be adequate service. 

So what should I do? 

I will read your link to start. 

Thanks 

Yes, read the link here and simply place the account on hold via Self-Serve for the most immediate and effective way. Be sure to choose the most fitting way according to your needs and current plan. Don't forget to take into account any bonus offers that may be linked to AutoPay.

@KathieknoxThe old $10 plan is gone. $15 has more features hence it is more expensive is the lowest cost price that is left. If you have the $10 plan now, if as long as you keep your account active and doesn't change your plan, your $10 plan will be grandfathered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Kathieknox wrote:

It seems to me the minimum plan price has gone up recently. Could someone please confirm either way? Many thanks

@Kathieknox  If you are asking about the $10 plan that used to be offered, then yes that was recently retired and now the lowest cost plan available is $15 plan.  If you are on the $10 plan then you are grandfathered in and will only lose it if you opt to change your plan to a different one.

To add to what @dabr mentioned, there is also a chance that PM will decide that they want to rais the price on that plan, somewhere down the road.  It is rather unlikely anytime soon, but PM did attempt to raise the price on an existing  (grandfathered) plan a while back.  They backed down after major complaints, etc.

@Kathieknox wrote:

Kathieknox
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Kathieknox
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What a shame as I followed directions in earlier community posts over the last months.

About 10 days ago I specifically reached out to a moderator. Received a reply and I replied back a couple of times. Intially they sent me an email to verify account. I let them know right away that I was unable to get this function to work. I have heard nothing for 8 days. 

I have indicated that I am very concerned about losing number. It does not make sense to me that I have not heard back. This can’t be adequate service. 

So what should I do? 

I will read your link to start. 

Thanks 

@NDesai wrote:

@batoulfarhat That's easy. Just login to your account and enable lost/stolen phone feature. Another option is to remove autopay if you currently do not have any funds available that is greater than your plan cost. Remember, you can only leave it suspended for max 90 days. 

It is too bad I did not catch this thread sooner...

First, it is very misleading, and often not the best solution, to suggest turning off AutoPay, especially since AutoPay is often linked to some bonuses offered by PM, which could be lost.

Second, there is a lot of other misinformation in this thread and several other nuances that are not be addressed. 

For a complete understanding of the most fitting way, specific to each user, to place a plan on hold, I strongly recommend reading the following most up-to-date info on the topic, here:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@batoulfarhat wrote:

My concern is that I will be gone for almost 1 month, I do not want to pay for 3 months and use only 2 months. If I renew my plan now, and suspend it for 1 month before my next renewal, will I still have 2 months left on it when I unsuspend in July? 

No. @Anonymous answered that in the 5th post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@batoulfarhat wrote:

My concern is that I will be gone for almost 1 month, I do not want to pay for 3 months and use only 2 months. If I renew my plan now, and suspend it for 1 month before my next renewal, will I still have 2 months left on it when I unsuspend in July? 

This is the complication of being on a 90 day plan. Doing your own suspension does not pause the clock in all plans.

Because you're gone and back after a renewal and before another renewal, suspending will do nothing for you.

It works for 30 day plans if a renewal is soon or you're away over a next renewal.

But your timing doesn't do anything for you.

Edit: can you do without your phone before this coming renewal and before you go? If so then a suspension could work.

batoulfarhat

batoulfarhat

All these threads and still no anwer to my actual question. Is there someone I can talk to directly because these posts might not be getting my idea across correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@batoulfarhat wrote:

My question is still, will putting my plan oh hold, be considered part of my 90 days?

So this turns out to be easy for you. But it won't save you anything. The fact that you're gone and back before your next renewal makes no difference whether you suspend or not.

So just renew as normal. Go. Come back. All is good.

batoulfarhat

My question is still, will putting my plan oh hold, be considered part of my 90 days?

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@batoulfarhat wrote:

My plan is supposed to renew today, but I will be out of the country from June 10-July 05. So I'm debating if I should renew then suspend on June 10, or just make a payment when I am back.

renew now (not tonight), suspend on Jun10, resume when come back

batoulfarhat

My plan is supposed to renew today, but I will be out of the country from June 10-July 05. So I'm debating if I should renew then suspend on June 10, or just make a payment when I am back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@batoulfarhat wrote:

Ah ok, so lets say I renew my plan tonight for 90 days, (next renewal would be Sept 1st) then I suspend my plan on the 10th for 3 weeks, will those 3 weeks be considered part of my cycle or just a hold until I unsusend it, (I would renew it 3rd week of september)

When are you going? Self-suspend still runs out the current term clock. There's no pro-rating here. It's a little more tricky with timing with a 90 day plan.

batoulfarhat

Ah ok, so lets say I renew my plan tonight for 90 days, (next renewal would be Sept 1st) then I suspend my plan on the 10th for 3 weeks, will those 3 weeks be considered part of my cycle or just a hold until I unsusend it, (I would renew it 3rd week of september)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@batoulfarhat wrote:

Hi, 

My phone plan is supposed to renew tonight, but I'll be going on vacation for 3 weeks so I want to renew it after I come back, how do I do this without cancelling my plan?

Use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your account. Then when you return, manually put in the plan cost and undo the lost/stolen and it *should* renew starting then.

Edit: ninja'd by NDesai 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@batoulfarhat That's easy. Just login to your account and enable lost/stolen phone feature. Another option is to remove autopay if you currently do not have any funds available that is greater than your plan cost. Remember, you can only leave it suspended for max 90 days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.