cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a new SIM card online vs in-person

gfarnell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I just purchased a new SIM card for Public and the email says it will arrive in 5-10 days which seems a bit long to wait.  I tried purchasing a SIM card in person but almost everyplace that Public lists online doesn't actually sell the SIM cards, so there is no choice but to order online.  The information on the website is horribly outdated.

Just wondering how long the SIM card generally takes to arrive?

Thoughts anyone?

8 REPLIES 8

@Amandalk745 wrote:

I recommend ordering online, although it says 5-10 days i find it to usually arrive within 3 to 4 days. It is difficult to find sim cards at any of the locations they tell you, and unfortunately they do not have a public mobile store you can just walk into. Hope that helps

I also usually receive SIM cards within a few days, but many others have had much slower delivery experiences taking a few weeks.

Amandalk745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recommend ordering online, although it says 5-10 days i find it to usually arrive within 3 to 4 days. It is difficult to find sim cards at any of the locations they tell you, and unfortunately they do not have a public mobile store you can just walk into. Hope that helps

@gfarnell @Not all do any more unfortunately why it’s best to call around but some still do , Walmart used to sell them also but no longer .. when they did sell them you used to be able to get the guy at the store to activate it too but no longer the case . It’s all done by you online these days 

There are a lot of retailers emblazoned with corporate logos. They're just resellers. You need actual corporate stores/kiosks.

gfarnell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told by several Koodo kiosks that they no longer sell them.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean the find a store link below? Only corporate Telus and Koodo stores would have them (and should). These can often be found in malls as either a store or a kiosk. Call ahead.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@gfarnell @Call around to local Koodo kiosk around you one is bound to have one for in person pick up 

edit ordering online from pm can take 3 days to 3weeks can also Amazon sells them too 

Need Help? Let's chat.