cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased US data but it wouldn't work when I was in the US

sarahccrane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently traveled to the US and purchased the data add on before going. But when I arrived in the states, my data didn't work. I made sure that int'l roaming was turned on... but it still didn't work. I have a trip coming up again this weekend and I want to make sure it will work! It feels like I'm throwing money away now buying the addons.

5 REPLIES 5

@sarahccrane wrote:

I was in Alaska! that must be why... 

Most likely since USA shut down 3G. People have issues with US add-on in more civilized areas so no wonder it did not work in wilderness.

Ask agent for refund.

sarahccrane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in Alaska! that must be why... 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sarahccrane were you trying to connect to T-Mobile? or AT&T?

And where were you in US?  it is confirmed by many that Alsska is a "dead" state for roaming

As to money, no worry,  you didn't waste money.  If you cannot use roaming in US, PM is fair and will refund you the money.  Just open a ticket and ask for refund 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Make sure data roaming is enabled on cell phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@sarahccrane Did you turn on your data while you were in the US? Did you see the US add-on in your self-self serve account after purchasing? Did you get any signal on AT&T or T-Mobile networks? If not, you might want to try manually search and connect to one available network. 

Need Help? Let's chat.