cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation

Colinmac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated a new sim card and transferred my phone number from Telus. My telus account is now deactivated, but when putting the new sim card in my phone, it shows SOS

26 REPLIES 26

nealyjamie

I had the same issue. I connected with support via private message and they were able to resolve it fairly quickly!

mripley276

I was having the same problem today with 2 different phones, the port seemed to be complete and the old service was deactivated but I had no service with my Public Mobile SIM.

If you have an iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

My PM service started working after the phone restarted. I hope this helps someone else struggling with this problem!

mattudennis

Exact same issue you described. This is absolutely ridiculous I have zero phone service my telus line is disconnected they said the port completed and Public is not working. I messaged CSA they said an error occured on the port process on their part and that it will take a few hours to fix. I was expecting some very important calls unacceptable 

bmmobile

I have the same issue on two phones we moved over

1 phone has service but the number we ported cannot be called. (just outbound calls work)

The other phone has no service as well even though porting worked (just shows SOS). The CSA agent said there was some larger technical issue but it's been about 14 hours without service on these now

Not a good first experience moving to Public Mobile 🙂

Hi @hycm53   SOS usually just means your sim card cannot connects to the network

@Colinmac You came from Telus, did you get this phone from Telus?  did you pay the phone in full?

sometimes if carrier blacklisted the phone, it will show SOS as well as the carrier rejects the connection request from the phone

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@hycm53   SOS means the ship is sinking and you need help , right away!  

From a CSA agent.

What does mean "SOS'?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Colinmac wrote:

I just activated a new sim card and transferred my phone number from Telus. My telus account is now deactivated, but when putting the new sim card in my phone, it shows SOS

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting 

@hycm53 wrote:

@Colinmac wrote:

According PM website :"The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number."

HI @hycm53   but if OP's Telus line is already deactivated (assuming OP didn't do anything to manually cancel it), that would confirm the porting is completed

Also, even porting not done, OP should be able to connect to the network and make outbound calls, it should not show "SOS"

@jimau   Sim card still needs to be set up with connection to PM.

Get help from a PM CSA agent right.away.

HI @jimau sim not provisioned means it is not setup properly on the system

please open ticket with CS agent.  only they can fix it

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Colinmac wrote:

According PM website :"The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number."

jimau

I’m getting a message in my phone saying sim not provisioned, anyone have any idea what that means?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Colinmac  if you have another phone, try the sim card there

and you didn't chargeback on Telus or PM charges thinking that is how to cancel your Telus account?  

If you are still getting SOS, then open ticket with CS Agent, maybe a sim card setup problem on their side

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Colinmac@jimau @Heidiau   You might want to get help with that from a PM CSA agent.    Send a private message to CS_Agent

Or use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket for help.

jimau

Same here, I gave Telus a call, they said the numbers have ported but not sure why public has no service

Colinmac

Yes the plan says it is active and they have taken my money. I've tried the reboot. I have also tried my sim in another phone and the same thing happens

jimau

We tried but didn’t work

Colinmac

I have tried that. 

Colinmac

Yes I did

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

did you reply yes first to change if so then remove old sim and put new one in and wait about 2 hours for text from PM

@Heidiau   Try re-installing your sim card and reboot your phone

Set your network settings to automatic from in your phone settings.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you create on-line account?

Does it say service is Active and plan details?

Re-seat your SIM. Reboot phone. Try your SIM in another phone if possible.

jimau

I tried this but no luck

Heidiau

Same issue here

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Colinmac  Try re-installing your sim card and reboot your phone.

Switch network settings in your phone to automatic.

Need Help? Let's chat.