cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public points

andman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.  Since the public points system came into affect, I’ve noticed my bill has gone way up because they don’t use “rewards” anymore.   To my understanding, the points system was supposed to almost mimic the rewards system.  Can anyone explain to me if it’s something I’m doing wrong or not ? 

4 REPLIES 4

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@andman 

With the points program Public Mobile drastically reduced the value of passive rewards ($2/autopay is now get back 5% on purchases) and (up to $5/30 days for loyalty is now 10 points=$10/yearly).

Active rewards that benefit Public Mobile's bottom line have remained the same value except in points. Friends referrals that increase their customer base are still 1 point/30 days as long as you both have active service at renewal and up to 15 points/month (20 points is for oracles only) for participating in the Community forum which helps reduce customer support requests for questions or issues that can be answered or resolved by fellow customers.

Of course now you also have to actively redeem your points for add ons or bill credits in order to benefit from the points program.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The points system doesn't give rewards for autopay or loyalty so the price you pay will increase. Referrals are equal to the old system as are the community rewards. Instead of up to $5 loyalty credit every 30 days you get 10 anniversary points once a year. Instead of $2 for autopay you will get 5% of your plan price in points.

Also points rewards are not applied automatically, you must wait until you have 15 points to redeem them for a $15 credit on your bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.