Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Rewards : Tracking points

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Public Points Rewards : Tracking your points rewards

@J_PM 

Since I have some new referrals that are on Public Points and other members have raised questions regarding points can you answer a few questions ? Members that are earning points for their rewards are welcome to reference answers or ask their question in this thread if they wish....

Questions:

• Question #1 : How do you track referrals? Unlike the (old) rewards program that show in our accounts the $ amount of eligible referrals and the associated last 4 digits of their phone #. There appears to be no such similar category in points accounts? How do you track referrals? How do you ensure a referral code was applied correctly? How do you track referrals for eligibility? (suspended or not?)
  • Answer : (?)

$$ Rewards Account : referral rewards are displayed like this :

Screenshot_20220602-144636~2.png

Public Points Account : points rewards are displayed like this :

Screenshot_20220602-141642~4.png

• Question #2 : When do your anniversary points get applied? On the date you activated your pm account or the date that you access your points reward account and agree to the terms of service?
  • If its the latter and a customer does not access their rewards account until a much later date then they will unfairly have their anniversary points application delayed. If so a reminder to access and agree to the terms of service should be given to the new customer.
  • Answer : (?)

Edit:

See an example of points awarded and redeemed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/m-p...

Anyone who poses new questions that get an official answer or a tried tested or true answer I will add to this post. I hope this helps provide insight and reference for points reward recipients and community members answering support questions.

Edit: (12/08/22)

Here's an updated points earnings list and a few more questions answered for the points people!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/td-...

49 REPLIES 49

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

For a guide on redeeming points for $15 bill credits and account reactivations by this method please see this post.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Point-Redemption-Bill-Credits-Account-Rea...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I can confirm community points are awarded the same day as community rewards $$ appear in the old $$ rewards accounts. 🤑😁

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Lol....I see I'm not getting much of a response from management so it's trial and error as per usual. This is why the community normally knows better.....than customer support. So I've managed to answer most of my previously posted questions myself......

• You can access your public points rewards account when suspended. However you can only redeem a bill credit towards reactivating your account if you have a minimum 15pts available for redemption. You cannot redeem any other points for other rewards redemptions including the lucky draw jackpot or the 0 pt/1gb holiday data add on.

• You are only eligible to earn anniversary points while suspended. Community (give back) and referral points are not "eligible" to be earned while suspended.

• No idea if there is actually a points earning limit. If it ever happens maybe a points earning member who regularily spams new customers with their referral code can post here if they hit a limit....or if pm purposely imposes a limit? 🤔

• The last question I may be able to answer near the end of the month with a reactivation or maybe  not? We will see....?

• Lastly an updated earnings list with dates so it's easier to understand how points are added to the earnings list in points rewards accounts. Get back points are added on the date a purchase is made or renewal occurs. No points are earned on credits or redemptions only cold hard cash (vouchers) or credit payments.

• Referral points appear to be added the day after renewal except the last one added on the list below. Assuming that you can't earn while suspended it isn't added after reactivation but it was earned for the 30 days of active service and added on what would have been Day 1 of the new 30 day cycle. Sort of like how $$ rewards are added shortly after midnight eastern upon renewal? I'm curious why this one occurred differently?

• And lastly Community (give back) points are added on the same day as everyone else on the old $$ rewards program recieves their community reward in their rewards accounts. It doesn't appear as though any odd glitches affect points rewards including but not limited to the lost/stolen glitch. Customer support intervention to manually apply points is not needed after using lost/stolen.

Screenshot_20221208_072016_Chrome~2.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

And one more question in regards to the old rewards program. Although what is stated we also know it's not necessarily applied so that may apply to this statement as well from the help articles. I had actually expected to find an updated version but this is still there so I'm curious because as far as I know this does not apply.

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

So is this just a concession that simply does not apply when renewing your plan early? Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Okay I have a couple questions and need answers or clarifications.

Can I still access Public Points if I’m in suspend? You can still access Public Points if you’re in suspend. You will also continue to earn rewards you’re eligible for.

What is meant by this? Of course the way I read it would be favorable to the customer.

What exactly is meant by "you will also continue to earn rewards you are eligible for?"

I entered with that as you will continue to earn give back or community points and friend referral points even when you are suspended? Or are the only points you are eligible for when suspended are anniversary points?

Is there a limit to how many points I can earn? There’s no limit with Public Points! Earn to your heart’s desire.

Seriously.... There is no limit? So you could refer 500 friends and receive 500 points a month? Not that you want to do that I want to count but in theory there is no limit?

ughhh sorry to hear that for them!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

It's an account I have temporary access to but their activation date is 2 days after mine so it's similar to what mine would look like if I had joined public points except without my referrals and community rewards. Unfortunately it was another customer tricked into joining public points as they were given the impression that it was mandatory to switch so they did on January 25th.

Is this your account? I take it Loyalty perks are the 1 point per month you were a customer with the old rewards? that is a pretty decent haul of points lol

Right don't show the number at all, absolutely no way to track it, so if you lose a referral or 2 you don't even know which ones unless you only have 1 or 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Best I can tell the community points are awarded on the same date as rewards. The 5% is as you spend so if you add an add on mid cycle it shows up within a day.

Thanks @darlicious 

and the Friend Referral still only showing just the amount and not the phone number?  And it shows up on My Rewards later?

Also, Community Rewards also show up couple days later than those on old rewards, right??

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Here is an updated account with examples of points being awarded and redeemed.

Screenshot_20220825-131319~2.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

How to redeem for a bill credit ? See here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/points/m-p/846527/highlight/true#M571734

@CountyDownIeUk 

What is the point of a step-by-step method if you remove the pics showing the steps?

@darlicious It's called give back bonus and they just give you the points about a week to a week and half after you guys get your community reward

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Thanks! Any references can help points program participants and those of us on rewards blindly trying to help them!

@gpixel 

Lol....if this was the '70's I would have to put you over my knee! One of these days you are going to be featured in a crow thread. That's very corvid of you! 

no! I clicked join... why did you post that? this is manipulation! it's manipulation I tell yah! 

“If” you are on the $ rewards program, login to My Rewards. 

Select Rewards

Select Discover Public Points. 

CountyDownIeUk_0-1655748433376.jpeg

Then scroll down a bit and you will find your upcoming anniversary date. 

CountyDownIeUk_1-1655748433315.jpeg

Then don’t hit the JOIN. And go back to Rewards or History. 

CountyDownIeUk_2-1655748433442.jpeg

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

More points information. 

Points catalog. 

9C10AAAB-A84C-43AE-B6A5-656ACAB8B32B.jpeg

Earning points. 

5908E7CD-8C51-4D2F-8416-0BED13D595E4.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

That makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't they have the same categories except instead of autopay it would track your 5% back and your anniversary date tracking each year with pm instead of loyalty.

The referral category and community staying the same just tracked in points instead of $$.

So how does the community reward get applied? Just on the running total of the points list?

Nope, doesn't look like it, I am guessing the new rewards system layout didn't provide for that?!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Thanks. Two weeks to get your point? And that's it.....no other way of tracking your referrals?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious so I just got the 1 point for the referral in my rewards today - have been going back and forth the last couple weeks with CSAs and was passed off again and was told they would get back to me but just noticed it in my account tonight, so as long as that keeps happening then we are good. lol

Gotcha. I guess I will see if I can get an answer why some ppl are getting their $1 and others aren't

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Just one. I would have referred from my second account but its currently suspended due to the $3 price hike. So I referred from my main account, the bf's account and one of my referral's accounts.

Isn't the 25 promo only the first friend you refer in the promo period? I thought it was just one and not multiple. I would really like clarification on that then because it seems the new rewards customers are being treated differently then and they are already getting the shaft as it is lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Yes that too.

@darlicious   and all 3 accounts you referred got the $10 regular referral bonus?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Well I dont expect the first $5/5 bonus referral credit until tomorrow but I can confirm that all 3 of the accounts that I referred from during this promotion had the $1 reward added to their reward accounts immediately after activation.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did anyone on the old rewards program get both the 25 promo and their $1 then? 

Need Help? Let's chat.