cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile account closure

knarbo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently moved from PM to another carrier. I can't log into my PM account any more to confirm my account has been closed, and I never received a confirmation from PM that my account has been closed. Ho do I confirm that it has been closed?

7 REPLIES 7

knarbo

Thank you

knarbo

Thanks!

knarbo

Thanks for the heads up on watching my CC statement

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@knarbo 

Once you port out of PM, your account is closed and you won’t be able to access your account. 
This confirms your account is closed and you shouldn’t be charged for future service.

If you remember what your renewal date is, just confirm that you are not charged by PM.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@knarbo 

When you port out from another mobile company, your original account (in this case, Public mobile) is closed automatically. There will be no confirmation from Public mobile.  You will not be able to access your PM account. 

Just keep an eye on your credit card.  It is a rare occurrence, but sometimes Public mobile will continue to charge you after your port out.  Doesn't happen often at all, but sometimes it does.  In the ideal situation, you could have removed your credit card information (ie. autopay) before you ported out.  But, you can't do anything about it now.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@knarbo , porting your number out automatically causes account closure which explains why you no longer have access.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did port out your phone number to another provider, your PM account is automatically closed. You cannot log in anymore as it does not exists anymore...

Watch your CC for potential accidental charges by PM. Highly unlikely but it does happen from time to time.

Need Help? Let's chat.