cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$21 plan advertised but not available

SalsaCycle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Public Mobile web site is currently advertising a plan with 3GB data at $21/month. However, when I log in to my account and try to change my subscription this option is not offered. What gives? There is no indication on the web site that this is only offered to new subscribers - there's actually a link prompting existing users to log in to their accounts.

SalsaCycle_0-1714497168046.png

10 REPLIES 10

thanks for sharing  your experience @bill_rb 

I am happy they have the $19 plan now, a big win for $25 plan owner

bill_rb

Thank you, I just subscribed to it on renewal date.... I don't have a No Frills here on Vancouver Island, my buddy was going to mail me a noname mobile sim in the next couple months, same price as the new promotion with 1 gb more data, but I don't use that much data unless camping...  We should still get the extra 1 gb as new subscribers, but this shows better taste on PM's side.. What a slap in the face that was earlier

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SalsaCycle @bill_rb 

PM just made a $19 4G 1GB plan available for current subscribers which may meet your needs at a reasonable price.

bill_rb

Ummm, OK, what does that have to do with anything?   I stated I tried and wasn't allowed, it's been mentioned many times to give it a try, I tried and letting you know what happened

@bill_rb 

As noted earlier, this plan is for new activation/members only.

bill_rb

I'm an existing customer, I tried to get the 21 dollar subscription, I'm not allowed.... I'm interested if anybody having any luck..   This is really bad business

HI @SalsaCycle 

I am a customer too so I don't know if support will do anything.

you can submit ticket with them and check.  Please report back

SalsaCycle

I did see the main "Shop" page, but the communication is not clear about whether "available for new activations only" refers to the free eSim or the plan itself.

There is a rule of thumb for many businesses that says "your best customer is the one you already have." Evidently, this doesn't apply to telecoms.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SalsaCycle 

Unfortunately,  this plan are for new activation members not for existing members. Sorry

IMG_0201.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SalsaCycle 

if you look like the main plan page, it says that $21 plan is a new activation only plan

of course, if you clicked into it, it didn't say, you can try to ask agent and see if they will help because missing in the description

Need Help? Let's chat.