cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile New Plans

danlee1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For those of you who had been with PM for many years, are you happy with PM new reward points system?

I certainly am very choked as I used to pay $8 to now $15 after all the points deductions, I am finding it hard to continue to stay with PM.  Has anyone switch telcom, if so, where did you port to?

8 REPLIES 8

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

every loyal customer has been affected by this situation, $8 for 100 minutes +250mb was the cheapest plan in Canada.

If you decide to port to another provider, there are many companies that provide similar or better plans based on your need and location.

Telus $100 yearly plan unlimited calls and messages without data

Freedom yearly plan unlimited calls and messages + 15GB for $119 and 30 GB for $149 per year 

Koodo & Lucky $15 100 minutes + unlimited income calls and messages + 500mb per month

If this promo is still available looks like the plan you want: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Change-phone-plan/m-p/1220254/highlight/t...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anotheran

The loss of the legacy point system was very disappointing. But with many ppl leaving public mobile, it caused them to offer cheaper plans to reduce the churn. I do pay $3/month more than before. 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am happy with my plan.

no need to shop around, you got the best deals  

if you want to go, you shouldn't be chatting this here, should go to other shopping advise sites

Lonetree
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

The rewards switch in May was both a blessing and a curse.  I was on a $34/40GB plan that was costing me $26/mth and my wife was on the $15/256MB plan.

The Telus/Bell network around my house is very poor.  When we get out of the immediate neighborhood it improves but it is crap at home.  That hasn’t been a big problem because we can just use Wi-Fi but, for the odd time the landline internet is down, it’s was annoying to only have 1 Mbps data speed.

So, as I was no longer beholden to PM due to price (plan cost less discounts), I decided to look around.  Last year Rogers installed three mini-towers within 600m of my house so their signal is pretty good.  As I am not a millionaire I couldn’t afford to signup with Rogers actual so I tried a $34/50GB plan with Fido.

Fido worked great.  Their website is responsive and I actually got to talk to a human being to answer a question I had about setting up voicemail.  The only downside was Fido bills in advance and I really like paying on my plan renewal date.

I waited a month then ported to Chatr.  I’m on a $29/20.5+15GB plan and it works peachy.

Once I sorted myself out I ported my wife to a $15 plan on Fido then, 30 days later, ported her back to PM on the $57/9GB 90 day plan ($19 mth).  For a light user that’s a pretty cost effective option.  We lost her “loyalty” rewards but she didn’t have any referrals so not much harm done.

danlee1

I only have 8.5 point, u need 15 pts to redeem $15, PM is smart to do that so as many will forget to redeem.  
I try to redeem the 100% cashback NEO offer from PM, after clicking 2x, I have yet receive any email confirmation from PM.  

It seem like PM is moving backwards.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@danlee1 

you're asking us to do your homework for you. You should shop around to find what best suits your needs.  Everyone else can only provide their opinion.  We'll be here when you return to PM.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@danlee1  I know what you mean. I have been here a number of years myself,  with a few different plans. Some were on the old system  and some were already on the new system so I had the experience with both.

Yes with the new Points System,  many saw their bill increase up to 60%. That is a lot.

But have you signed into My Rewards tab to see how many points you have today? Did you have any friend referrals? 

See link to rewards here.

https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/

Remember if you have 15 points, you can redeem for $15 off your next bill.

Rhe cheapest plan currently for existing members is $19.00 for 1 GB data at 4G speed. Almost the same as you are currently paying.  You can only see this when you sign into your account and browse subscriptions.

Just research the internet or pop into the various outlets in the malls and carefully pick something that suits you if you need to.

Need Help? Let's chat.