cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone plan

OA1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I have a basic mobile plan with 100 Canada wide minutes. I see that PM is offering unlimited Canada wide minutes for the same price. But only for new activations.

Can I cancel my current plan and sign on for this new plan where I can get unlimited minutes? Will my phone number change?

3 REPLIES 3

cath_fo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same thought. 

Then just moved to the $19 plan instead.

It's also weird because my $15 plan never really cost me $15. I've had a $4 reduction for years for some reason I never understood. I am a bit disappointed but eh. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@OA1 wrote:

Hello

Can I cancel my current plan and sign on for this new plan where I can get unlimited minutes? Will my phone number change?

Hello @OA1 Of course you can. You can move to any other service provider you like and port back to Public Mobile if you choose. However, with that being said, Telus is offering a prepaid $100 unlimited talk and text with no data. For the first year and second year. You may wish to look into this offer as it would save you $160 over two years. Then when the two years are up, see what your options are like out there.

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/prepaid/plans

Chalupa_Batman_0-1719099191822.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@OA1 if you opt to open a new account for the plan, you cannot retain your plan

Only way to do is to port out your line to another provider and then port it back in after a short while.  But of course, that could have other cost sim cards 

Need Help? Let's chat.