cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd line activation on a second phone

1z_zy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. My main public mobile line works fine on e-sim in device 1. I recently ordered a physical sim card (sim 2) which was planned to be used with my second phone - so I was expecting to activate sim 2 and use it with a separate plan. Now it's installed on the 2nd phone, then I logged in to the public mobile app on this 2nd device, after that for test purposes I selected the cheapest plan and paid for it. But phone2 does not see a network - it's in SOS mode and it seems that no number was assigned from the mobile network to it, also it's not clear what to do next - there is no number selection menu for this 2nd line. All I managed to find were the tabs "change your number" and "transfer your number" - with both options impacting my existing primary line1... Does anyone have the same question and how did you address the it of having 2 active lines on different subscription plans in 2 different devices?

6 REPLIES 6

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@1z_zy @You can bypass the SMS verification, by click on didn’t get the code, then select send email 

android812
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did that, and now stuck on EverSafe acc verification, for some reason it's trying to send an SMS to a mobile number that is yet to be connected to the network... trying to reach a customer support agent to change an OTP number to some alternative one... the hole step of Evernote verification only by SMS seems odd, why no other options were considered\implemented

@1z_zy 

To activate the SIM on the second phone. You need to download the PM app on that phone and use a different email address to create the 2nd account.

@1z_zyyou would need to download the app on the other phone.  It should ask you to enter the SIM card details and give directions to proceed.

1z_zy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, I had no idea as it's counterintuitive to register again from another email for the 2nd sim. So, what would be the proper action list in this case? just create another account from a new email - log in to the app with the new ACC and then...?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@1z_zy  did you create a 2nd account for your other line?

Each account have to have its own email address independently of each other. 

Need Help? Let's chat.