cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provincial plan no minutes

Ricky1961
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep getting a message that I am out of minutes with an provincial plan and I am calling within the province, this has been going on for several days, I have submitted a ticket but nothing seems to be getting done. This is my first negative experience here to be honest but come on lack of service for several days is not what I signed up for.

33 REPLIES 33

beezmum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I have unlimited Canada wide minutes every month. But I am out of minutes. I have done all of the above, with no luck. I will open a ticket as you advised, thanks!

HI @beezmum   are you on Provincial plan, too?

you tried reboot the phone and put a 1 in  front of the phone number?

If you tried all these, just open ticket with CS agent then.  With so many reported the same issue, I think it is a system glitch again

Please open ticket   at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

beezmum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same issue for me today. I can't figure it out either. 

ashleyau
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Ricky1961 .... 

I'm on the old provincial plan (12G for 90 days) as well. I created a ticket and received message (please check/refresh your inbox) from them within 15 mins. I was told to try many ways, i.e. reseat my SIM card, restart, use "1", etc but still had no luck.  After 2 days, I couldn't wait any longer and since I have confirmed with them that all my rewards still stay the same, I have decided to change to the new $40/15G plan on my renewal date.   At the mean time, I was offered some Canada-wide minutes to work until then. After that, a technical support called me but was not able to debug since my phone's already working with the Canada-wide minutes. But he said he would add notes to my file for future use if needed again.

A.

ashleyau

Hi @Ricky1961 ... I'm on the old provincial plan (12G for 90 days) as well. I created a ticket and received message (please check/refresh your inbox) from them within 15 mins. I was told to try many ways, i.e. reseat my SIM card, restart, use "1", etc but still had no luck.  After 2 days, I couldn't wait any longer and since I have confirmed with them that all my rewards still stay the same, I have decided to change to the new $40/15G plan on my renewal date.   At the mean time, I was offered some Canada-wide minutes to work until then. After that, a technical support called me but was not able to debug since my phone's already working with the Canada-wide minutes. But he said he would add notes to my file for future use if needed again.

A.

ashleyau

They fixed his issue by restarting their provincial system but it didn't work for me.

A.

@Ricky1961 

did you have a chance to open ticket with PM Support yet? Look like it is something you need to engage them and they can reset your account on the back end

Ricky1961

If other people have been having the same issue clearly it s a network problem which nothing seems to be getting done about, why should we have to change plans or add Canada wide minutes to get the service which we pay for to work?

Ricky1961

I am on the unlimited provincial talk plan with 12 fb of data every 90 days.

yes reseated the sim, reset network settings and still get the recorded mess that I am out of 

minutes. Seems sporadic at times but I am trying with or without the 1 before area code makes no

difference. I have an even harder time calling 343 area code from my 613 area code mind you all within the same city in Ontario.

Ricky1961

I thought I mentioned I am on the unlimited provincial talk with 4 Gb data billed every 90 days.

why should I have to change my plan to get it to work? 

@Ricky1961 

what plan are you on?

Ricky1961

i have tried that, the first thing I did, doesn’t make any difference.

again this seems extremely sporadic I can call then try few minutes later and gives me

message that I am out of minutes. Given that I have seen this same problem amongst other subscribers makes me question the network provider?

@Ricky1961 

why not switch to a current plan with Canada wide calling. I think the solution to your issue is to add 1 infront of the number being dialed 

Ricky1961

I am again getting the same lack of service given a get a message that claims I am out of minutes on an unlimited provincial plan. I have been advised here to reseat my SIM card but perhaps it s Public Mobile needs to reseat whatever as, this message now is intermittent. i can call freely one minute and few minutes later to the very same local provincial number I get this message that I am out of minutes.

how is even possible on an unlimited provincial plan whereby I was sold unlimited minutes within the province. I am calling from one 613 area code to another 613 area code within the same city no less.

dont even ask about problems with 343 area code. Sorry but this is getting super frustrating .

ashleyau

Just tried but no luck.

Thanks.

Ricky1961

I am on the older provincial plan, and yes any local number dialed i get this recording 

i will try reseating SIM card then thanks 

ashleyau

Noted.  Thanks.

ashleyau

He said PM had to reset their system.  Not sure what he meant.

Thanks.

ashleyau

I don't have that bonus.  Only the International Long Distance bonus.  Adding "1" still doesn't work. 

Now it's on and off working.  Will monitor.

Thanks.

The only long distance freebies were the 400 and 500 minute ones. These did include Canada. Your 300 minute one was never a bonus. You would have had to have bought it at some time.

Adding - @ashleyau 

ashleyau

I don't have that bonus.  Only the International Long Distance bonus.

Thanks.

ashleyau

Updated status: It's really weird.  I have called many local phones.  Sometimes they work but other times they don't. I will keep trying today.  It's really unreliable.

Thanks.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you have 2021 Holiday add-on, Canada is included in those minutes so add-on should work.

Did you try adding '1' in front of area code? Consider changing plan to Canada wide. Even $15 plan has it as such.

HI @ashleyau   300 International LD won't help.  

do you still have the December bonus from last year?  that Long Distance give-a-way can be used for Canadian calling

@ashleyau- No.

Did the problem get fixed for your husband?

ashleyau

I still have 300 International Long Distance Minutes, does it help?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

People had similar issues in the past with the province wide calling plans.  If you need service right away, maybe purchase the $5 for 500 Canada wide minutes add on.  That seems to solve the issue until customer service agent figures things out.  

ashleyau

My husband had the same issue 2 weeks ago.  Now I'm having this issue this morning!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @Ricky1961   which plan are you on?  the current plans are all Canada-wide minutes

And are you getting this recording for any number you call that is within your province? 

Try to reseat your sim card (power off, take sim card out for a minute before putting it back and power on)

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Ricky1961 hi not sure what provincial plan you are on but the newer Canada wide plans are alot better for the most part reseat your sim and reboot your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.