cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure for: Keeping existing account and phone number with physical sim to new eSIM only phone

JTyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Situation: I have an iPhone 6 with a physical sim. I wish to purchase iPhone 15 which only takes eSIM. How do I move my existing account, plan and phone number to new phone? I am looking for the procedural steps. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@JTyes   Unless you are purchasing a US iPhone 15, you should still have a physical sim slot as the Canadian iPhone 15 can do both physical and esim.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JTyes On your new phone the first step is to install the Public Mobile app. Next, login to the app and go to the Account tab and then tap on "Purchase SIM card", here you will be able to select eSIM. Since you did not have an eSIM before you will be charged $5 but going forward if you buy another phone that requires the eSIM (eSIM's cannot be reused on other devices) you will not be charged again, it will be free. After purchasing the eSIM Public Mobile with send you an email with a QR code to scan which should install and setup the eSIM on your new phone. That should be it.

@JTyes wrote:

Situation: I have an iPhone 6 with a physical sim. I wish to purchase iPhone 15 which only takes eSIM. How do I move my existing account, plan and phone number to new phone? I am looking for the procedural steps. Thanks 

The process involves logging into your self serve account.  Through the app, go into the Account tab.  The option is in Purchase SIM card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.