cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is not able to use data or make/receive calls

Lucy_Jin21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday (October 19th,2024) I bought a physical sim card and I went on this website to activate the sim card. I was able to go through the process of activating it, then it mentioned that it'll send me a confirmation verification code with my phone number with it. When I created the public mobile account, I used my old phone number (since I didn't have another existing phone number) but was a mistake since I can't get any information or codes since the plan I had was already cancelled but I added that phone number in. Until yesterday, I was able to use data and call people with the temporary phone number (my old one) but people couldn't call me. My new phone number that was given to me by a telus provider for public mobile is: 289-xxx-xxxx. They told me to restart my phone after then it would work. So I did restart my phone to have my phone number updated. However, it didn't get updated nor my data didn't work anymore as it kept glitching and although I turned my data on, the service didn't work enough if I go to a place that had service connection or not.  I made the mistake of adding my old "non-existing" phone number and I don't know how to reset this, what do I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Lucy_Jin21

Its now working!!!!! Thank you for your help 

Lucy_Jin21

How would network reset resolve the problem if I can't message or call? How does it relate?? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lucy_Jin21 

You may want to try a network reset of your phone. Note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords. 

If that does not work, you will need to contact customer service agent again. 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

so, you are activating a brand new account with PM ? are you trying to port in the number from another mobile provider?

you might want to sort this out with PM and they can advise.  It could be a sim card refresh on the system 

please message them 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy_Jin21  You need to use the app to activate not website , if still no luck contact support to help finish the activation for you 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.