cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private calls.

Maryphillips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why does my phone go straight to voicemail,when a private number or unknown number calls me 

9 REPLIES 9

@Maryphillips wrote:

Thank You,but how do I correct that please.im not very tech savvy.

HI @Maryphillips   what exact make and model is your phone?

Maryphillips

Thank You,but how do I correct that please.im not very tech savvy.

@Timer wrote:

@Maryphillips 

manually select network 3G only or WCDMA only,,and rebooting device.

and tried from other phone # to do Call hide your phone number when making a call. you can enable Call Blocking by dialing ‘#31#’ and then the phone number of who you are calling. You can disable Call Blocking by dialing '*31#' and then the phone number of who you are calling.

The network doesn't care if the caller is blocking the phone number.  Making changes in the network settings such as setting to 3g-only or rebooting the phone won't help.  Also, the OP can ask the other person about if they are blocking numbers, the OP can't make changes to the other person's settings.  Either way, the rest of the members have it right that calls are automatically being direct to voicemail based on the receiving phone's incoming call setttings for unknown callers.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Maryphillips 

manually select network 3G only or WCDMA only,,and rebooting device.

and tried from other phone # to do Call hide your phone number when making a call. you can enable Call Blocking by dialing ‘#31#’ and then the phone number of who you are calling. You can disable Call Blocking by dialing '*31#' and then the phone number of who you are calling.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely you have set up on your phone 'block unknown callers' (Android).

Maryphillips

I will check that out asap

Maryphillips

I have a android 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Maryphillips   you have iPhone or Android?

iPhone calls it Silence Unknown Callers

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099#:~:text=To%20turn%20on%20Silence%20Unknown%20Callers%2C%20g....

Android phones setting will vary depends on the brand of the phone:

https://www.laptopmag.com/news/iphone-and-android-phones-can-permanently-stop-spam-calls-heres-how

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Maryphillips   this is a feature on your phone (both iPhone and Android have that).  Calls from numbers not on your contact list will got sent to VM.  Check your phone settings

Need Help? Let's chat.