Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages - viewing and creating

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Updated July 20/17.

To view private messages that have been sent to you, locate the small envelope to the left of your avatar. Click it and your mail will be displayed.

Messages - retrieve.jpg

Normally the feature "email subscriptions for private messages" is automatically activated. If you wish check, click on My Settings under your name, then in the Preferences tab you will see "Private Messenger". Email subscriptions for private messages can be toggled on/off.

If you want to reach the moderators now click this: message to moderators.

Otherwise to create a private message for someone, locate their name in a post, or anywhere you see it, and put your mouse pointer over their name. When this box appears click Send Message and compose your message.

send pm.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
134 REPLIES 134

@Rockdaddy22 I suspect they bought US roaming TXT 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I didn't think you could buy texting addons.

nanna_tess
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi i bought an add on text messaging. I still can't text

Rockdaddy22
Please delete your personal info

@MNKate5 don't public post your number!

Send message to a mod

MNKate5

Sorry **********

MNKate5

My phone number is **********

MNKate5

Hello there,

Today I received my new simcard and tried to activate and choose my plan. I went well until the last page. It says error occurred in activation or sth. Then I clicked finish button and now I dont know what I should do now. When I try to make call and text it says your plan does not include text and calling. But I chose unlimited texting and province wide talking and 3GB data for my plan. I really want this issue to be solved ASAP. Otherwise I will cancel my account. Also the most frustrating thing is I can not log into my account!!!

Rockdaddy22
You should pm that info to @Shazia_K NOW account numbers are very important to include also sim numbers. @stacy07

srlawren

@stacy07 are you on the mobile community site (browsing from your phone)?  If so, you're out of luck as there's not ability to edit posts that way.  At the very bottom of the page, there is a "Version: Mobile | Full", with the Full hyperlinked (blue).  Tap that to bring up the desktop version of the community.

If you're on a computer (or you've done the above to switch to the desktop version on your phone), then find your post above that you want to "delete" and use the "Options" menu on the right to Edit the message and remove the info you want to remove (private info).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stacy07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Oh how can I delete this post? There's nothing for delete

@stacy07 hey this really should be censored 

Don't leave info like this online

LIVESNEAKER

891230000287731491 they phone is not work can't received call and call and date is not working I want a refund.

Rockdaddy22
This is a public forum, not the best place for private info. Send that info to a mod.

stacy07
Thanks for the warn.

stacy07

Hi, I'm transferring from Rogers to public mobile. It's been a week since I activated my acct on public mobile but until today I can't receive incoming calls. My text messaging is not working too. Could you please help me.

Victoria1988
I try to transfer my bell to public mobile, but did not work but I already got the SIM and ordered the plan from PM, what should I do? Btw, I can't be sign in through my registered email

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@reh

This post outlines how to find "Sent" private messages on mobile... In theory anyway. Hope that helps.

Rockdaddy22
Ok I gues it isn't case sensitive, thank you. I just typed that in all caps and it corrected it self 🙂

Rockdaddy22
@srlawren Test 🙂

srlawren
@reh I'm not sure what to yell you, but I successfully tagged @Mixam earlier this morning on mobile site by typing it all lower case. In fact, I'm on the mobile site right now and just typed it again in all lower case. When you read this, the M will have automatically been capitalized and it will link to Mixam's profile. So, I think it works fine.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

reh
Thank you @Rockdaddy22 and @srlawren and @kav2001c

For now I am not sure what messages or tags worked because some show up as blue -worked?and others do not.
I think it is case sensitive
Also on my phone I cannot "hover" so I can't see the sent messages

On the desktop version I have a large pop-up on the right side of my screen that is blank white with a "x"to close it...but every time the page reloads the white box comes back...not sure if it's supposed to have any other content.

I guess no point in worrying about how to see messages now. So I'll wait and see how long it will take to solve my issue.

Rockdaddy22
For me it's seems it has to be exact on the mobile site, on safari anyway

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

On the mobile website your must enter the whole name manually to tag, with caps and _ correct.

@Luddite not quite:  capitalization is not important on the mobile site.  I've successfully tagged with all lower case letters even when the username isn't entirely in lower case.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
On the normal site you don't have to? Amazing 🙂

@Rockdaddy22 be warned that he is being very optimistic

The auto-tagging is glitchy as h___

I have found some usernames pop up as soon as I type first letter of name, others I need to nearly write entire name, and others come and go (eg if I type R your name shows up but when I type Ro your name dissapears until after I type Rock. Its really weird & inconsistant)

Rockdaddy22
On the normal site you don't have to? Amazing 🙂

On the mobile website your must enter the whole name manually to tag, with caps and _ correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@reh I agree with you

There should a tag to ask for help

Eg @ Tech or @ Support

I think many people get confused and start tagging mods indiscriminately

It was worse in older days (back then mods could not read each other messages) 

The technical issues should not reappear after account fixed

Usually just small issues 

Rockdaddy22
Click on the actual sent message and it's there (mobile version) I pretty much exclusively use it, unless I need to edit a post, I switch to full version on my phone.

It doesn't have priority, I believe it's different employees that deal with the emails.

You definitely do get what you pay for, not necessarily a bad thing, even though it must feel like right now.
They thought they did prepare, obviously they misjudged the popularity of the promo.

reh

@Rockdaddy22 , @kav2001c

I was on the mobile version, where it is completely different from this version (on a laptop now).

I expected the same interface both places, to be honest, I hardly ever use a "computer" when i'm at home because I can do pretty much everything on the phone..

also in replying this message, on my phone i can scroll up to see other peoples responses as a type the message to see who to "tag" where as in the desktop verison, I can only see the message i'm replying too.

I checked my history moderators, @mary_m and @Saray_O and apparently there is no record of my private message (which included details of my account # and so on)

I wonder if anyone else is not being helped because there message didn't even go through?

How do you check if your message has been read?

Also agree with another person in another forum.. sending pm to a moderator .. but we have to know the moderator name.. even though it goes to all of them.. why not just have @mod and that be the end of it.. especially if we are sending private - personal information that could go to the wrong person??

any why does private mesages to a moderator have priority over filling out the forms for "help, contact us" that i've already done to support my issue?

I guess I'll have to send another private message with all the info, because the one originally sent is "not in the history"

very frustrated.. and starting to believe the "nay-sayers" about "you get what you pay for".. I really hope the service improves.. I know the promotion meant a lot of people signing up, but every company prepares for such.. when they do a huge promo campaign, there whole emphasis is to "get more customers" ..

im sorry if this sounds like a rant. just want my service to work how it should.

thanks

@

Need Help? Let's chat.