cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 4G

ridsama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Xiaomi users, I wanted to share some good news with all PM users. If you have used Xiaomi with Telus or PM before, you know you have to set to 3G as your preferred network. Yesterday, I noticed I couldn't get data working! Well, turns out I have to now set to use 4G! So I'm now happy to say we can now use 4G with Xiaomi phones! I'm in Burnaby area. Let us know if you are using Xiaomi and are able to get 4G in your area.

19 REPLIES 19

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i do found out the smartisan M1 do have all the bands

samsam

anyone will be buying phones in china and bring to canada?

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

YES, Xiaomi Mi Note 2 (6GB+128GB) Global Version will work on PM LTE, dont worry about that...

@samsam wrote:

can i say, if phone works with tmobile, it will work with pm?

No, it doesn't work like that.  There are are always going to be some phones that work one carrier but not on some others.  T-Mobile has sold many phones before that will not even connect to the Public (Telus) network.
Any phone sold by Telus or Bell Mobility (after getting it unlocked) and takes a sim card will work on Public.

samsam

can i say, if phone works with tmobile, it will work with pm?

samsam

but mi note 2 global version gets band 4 , same bands with iphone 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@samsam yes for talk, text, and 3G (HSPA+) speed data. You will get some 4g LTE in some areas but since it lacks band 4, you will not get LTE in many areas.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

samsam

will xiaomi note 2 global version works with pm?

@samsam wrote:

it seems like whichever phones work with wind , it will work with public , right ?

Sorry, but absolutely not.  There are many phones that will work on Wind but not Public Mobile. 

For Public Mobile, you need a phone with at least UMTS Band II (1900MHz) or UMTS Band V (850MHz).  For best possible voice coverage, your phone should have both. 

Wind is using UMTS Band IV (1700Hz).  There are countless phones that work on Wind but not Public, and vice-versa.

samsam

it seems like whichever phones work with wind , it will work with public , right ?

fathom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have my Mi Note 3 Pro from Goldway.

4G was working on Rogers.

4G seems to be working all day on Public Mobile

I selected LTE preferred.

Then somehow it chose Public Mobile 4G.

However as I was trying to switch to 3G (still having problem with MMS picture), it got stuck on Public Mobile 3G (and only showing Public Mobile 3G as the option when trying to select manually).

So I selected Telus 4G, and it registered on the Telus 4G but showing that I'm on Public Mobile 4G in the banner. Speedtest with 4 bars signal is 48 up, 12 down.

domenicocortez

With redmi 3s international version (@geekbuying), 4G is fine, all i have to do is to set 4G as prefered network with *#*#4636#*#* on us band, search on youtube for more info...

Rockdaddy22
I'm also curious if 3G is working.

srlawren

@squad as noted, this device doesn't have the right bands for 4G/LTE data on the Public Mobile network, unfortunately.  Have you at least got 3G/HSPA data working?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

squad
I'm new to pm but i haven't been able to connect to the 4g network so far

windflare

Interesting... I've been having trouble today getting the phone to connect on 4G. I'm also in the Burnaby area. It would sometimes connect to 4G, and sometimes lose the connection unless I switch to 3G. 

This afternoon when I turned on the phone, it wouldn't connect except with the Preferred 3G option. After turning it back and forth for a while, it finally picked up on the 4G network, and stayed there until tonight, where it lost the network again, and only would connect on 3G when '3G preferred' is selected.

For the record, I'm using the MIUI 8 Developer Global ROM, and the same problem was also on the MIUI 7.3.7.0 latest Stable ROM. The SIM card slot I'm using is the MicroSIM, though I may switch to the Nano later to see if that changes anything. But for now... stuck on 3G instead of 4G. 

Anybody have any more ideas for this? This phone does have Band 4 and 7 LTE.

domenicocortez

i dont think its because telus start to deploy 2700mhz, but because snapdragon 650 support band 4 1700\2100 lte, its the full netcom version for china, search on redflagdeals forum, i see a post about this and you can find this model (third version of redmi note 3) on aliexpress (hk goldway) 

if you want to see the specs...

ridsama

Xiaomi phones are quite capable of LTE, if you are using them in their home country. This goes for all China phones too.

But they have never been a good sell for North American users because of the LTE bands they support don't cover ours. There were talks that Rogers' customers can get a bit of LTE with China phones because they use 2700 Mhz. So that's why it's great to start seeing Telus/PM deploying them too! If that's the reason I can start using 4G now on my Xiaomi.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

that's interesting... without updating the hardware, a 3G phone would support lte. 

but I am glad it works for u 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.