Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages - viewing and creating

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Updated July 20/17.

To view private messages that have been sent to you, locate the small envelope to the left of your avatar. Click it and your mail will be displayed.

Messages - retrieve.jpg

Normally the feature "email subscriptions for private messages" is automatically activated. If you wish check, click on My Settings under your name, then in the Preferences tab you will see "Private Messenger". Email subscriptions for private messages can be toggled on/off.

If you want to reach the moderators now click this: message to moderators.

Otherwise to create a private message for someone, locate their name in a post, or anywhere you see it, and put your mouse pointer over their name. When this box appears click Send Message and compose your message.

send pm.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
134 REPLIES 134

@Sun_1 

Have you tried reseting your password.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

(Check your junk folder)

If not working, you will need to contact moderator.  Expect 1-2 day wait. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sun_1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please, can not get any access to my account..can someone help me please

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Effort wrote:

@Whereisducky wrote:

Would like some information if public mobile will buy out a bell mobility contract?

They don't buy out contracts.

@Effort is correct, they definitely do not.  @Whereisducky note that the only thing Bell can charge you for if you leave your contract is the outstanding balance on your phone if you bought one on tab/monthly payment plan, plus the portion of your final month's service that you used and any overage/roaming etc extra charges that you incurred during that portion of the month.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Whereisducky wrote:

Would like some information if public mobile will buy out a bell mobility contract?

They don't buy out contracts.

Whereisducky

Bonjour ! Jessai depuis 1 a 2 semaine douvrire mon compte mais rien ne functionne. J'ai perdu mon telephone et fait lacquisition dun nouveau cellulaire.jai acheter une carte sim que je ne peu pas activer. Jai essayer mot de passe oublier et ca ne functionne pas. Jai tout essayer et cest vraiment frustrant..jai meme essayer de refaire un nouveau compte mais du a mon courriel ca ne functionne pas. 

Hey @Psingh1 your issue will get more exposure if you start your own topic, instead of tacking onto the end of someone else's. If you click the Getting Started category above...

Public Mobile Community  >  Getting Started

You'll see an orange Start a topic button. Click that and repost what you wrote here. More people will see your request for help... Robot Happy

Psingh1
Hi, i am currently using 2 public mobile connection on my name which is port from New Westminster wallmart. But i am unable to connect from one to another

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@backertas wrote:

how can i port my number to public mobile ?

- Click on "My Account" in the top right corner. Create an account or log in if you already have one.

- Then click on the "Plan and Add-Ons" tab and then "Change Phone Number".

- Then select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

You can send a message to Moderator_Team if you need any help.

backertas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how can i port my number to public mobile ?

srlawren

@tawsif77 wrote:

Hi,

I have lost my phone and locked out of my account. Can you help me get my accout reset. Also how do I rder a new sim card with teh same number and would you be able to provide me with IMEI number? my cell number is XXXXXXXXXX.

@tawsif77 if you haven't already, you will need to reach out to the moderator team for help.  Here's all the details of how to do that:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tawsif77

Hi,

I have lost my phone and locked out of my account. Can you help me get my accout reset. Also how do I rder a new sim card with teh same number and would you be able to provide me with IMEI number? my cell number is XXXXXXXXXX.

matbasm

@Curly75, If you mean you select to change the plan immediately, then something went wrong.  You should send a private message to the moderator team and explain the problem to them, and ask them to make the change.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Curly75

I selected to change the plan

Curly75

I selected to change the plan

matbasm

@Curly75, when you made the change, did you select to change the plan immediately, or at the next renewal.  There is an option to do this as part of the plan change.

srlawren

Hi @Curly75.  Did you do an immediate plan change or did you schedule it for your next renewal date?  There were two buttons available to you when you picked the new plan.

Curly75

I have update my account to the $25.00 unlimited talk & text US & provincal province plan but it still is not been changed from my existing account which is the 50 min's talk & 50 min's text plan and is still showing up to my account,not the new plan i updated.just says i have a $25.00 balance

matbasm

@Imadass, did the text you received for the promo say your account balance would be transferred to Koodo? I thought that you would be given a flat $100, as compensation.   All of the offers we have seen of late have offered  100$.  

If you have a different offer,  then you need to send a private message to the moderator team, and discuss it with them. 

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Also,  you should remove your private information,  since this is a public forum. 

Imadass

Hi
I am puplic mobile customer.
Yesterday,I switched to kodoo according to your massage sent this month.
They were unable to switch my balance as you mentioned in your massage with promo code : GOKOODOL25TT.
Please refund the balance of both monthly payment and data usage to my per registered cridet card(25$+30$).
Name: Imad **************
phone : 438*******
If you don't do so , I will call consumer protection and complain.
tThanks

Rockdaddy22

If you’re sure it isn’t working I’d contact a moderator/customer service rep about it ASAP. 

gerard1710

Since I moved from grandpa plan to on line plan

My call waiting future is not working

ejana

I have lost my old sim now I bought a new sim that I want to activate.

my cell phone no:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nmae xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I forgot my old user name and password

srlawren

wrote:

there is no option to speak to a representative..... unbelievable!

@danaliuta actually, it's entirely believeable.  That's PM's model.  What did you think they meant when they call themselves "The Phone Company Without a Phone Number", written in big bold letters on the home page?  They meant it quite literally.  

In the meantime, to get help with your issue, please follow @Rockdaddy22's advice and send the moderator team a private message.  Here's some more details for your reference, including their business hours and such:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Rockdaddy22

Public Mobile does have private messaging to contact costumer service. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

danaliuta

I am trying to reset my pasword but my account is locked. there is no option to speak to a representative..... unbelievable!

sunshineshaa

YOU ARE THE BEST. 

THANK YOU

Taekgun

@Believeachieve

No worries, we'll do what we can to help you.

Firstly, a few questions.

1) Can you see the referral 1GB add-on when you log into self-serve?

2) Did the friend that referred you get the 1GB on their account?

3) What kind of phone are you using?  Are the APN settings correctly setup?

We still need more info before we can determine why your data isn't working.

Believeachieve

My mistake, kinda new to this.

Need Help? Let's chat.