cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase

BB497
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill has just jumped $7.80 since last month. I'm wondering why. 

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @BB497 

in case you have a $25 plan, there is a $19 plan now offering the same 1GB, you can change to that plan to have the same service but cheaper

BB497

Thank you, I received the emails but didn't read them completely  as I thought it was just about rewards not price. I agree old plans seems better. A a bit of a wake up call for me to pay attention. Thanks for your reply.

BB497

Thank you, now it all makes sense

BB497

Thank you, I saw the post about the rewards program changing but didn't really read it as I didn't think it would affect the price. I will pay a bit more attention in the future. Thanks for your fabulously detailed response. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BB497 

you should’ve received numerous emails and texts announcing the changes to rewards and the implications thereof.

Did you not?

so it’s not that your plan price has increased, rather your reductions at point of renewal have been removed and now you build points toward credits instead.

It pretty well sucks compared to before.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@BB497 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

@BB497 

first, what plan do you have? 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

KZ1964
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible because the points system changed.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.