cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previously was on $15 plan. Briefly switched to $34 and can’t go back

Hye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was on the $15 plan for a while. I changed to $34 plan as I wanted US data while visiting my daughter in the states.  Now I want to switch back to $15 plan but it is gone from the options. The cheapest plan available is now $29. Any way I can go back to $15 plan again? I don’t use my phone very much so I don’t need a lot of data 

9 REPLIES 9

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wayworn 

It’s not your fault, public mobile has changed a lot this year, new customers only plans, the removal of old $15 100 minutes 250mb plan, removal of the old reward system, and recently, the downgrade, customer tailored plans.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As others have posted - PM does not allow downgrading one’s plan. I’m on the $15 plan and had accepted an upgrade on my first renewal but I was saved by the communities advise that downgrading is not possible—-so in the nick of time I cancelled my upgrade. One of the factors as to why I switched from Bell to PM was that I thought I had the option to switch plans up or down as required. Another fact that I learned- and not blaming PM because it’s my fault for not reading the fine print—is that data add ons don’t roll over ——Oh well live and learn. 

EB0

@Hye 

If you were on the old $15 100 minutes, 250mb 3G plan, you don’t have referrals or account balance, you may consider porting out to Koodo $15 100 minutes 500mb 4G or Telus $100 yearly plan unlimited calls and texts no data.

you can always port back to Public mobile as a new customer and get access to all new plans.

@will13am, @computergeek541 

thanks for the update...I wasn't aware that PM does this now.

Plans are now tailored to each customer.  What may be available to your account is not necessarily available to everyone.  I run many accounts and see different offerings.  

Rastin

At the moment your choice are to get the 29$ plan or if your number not important to you. You can close the account and start another and get the 15$ plan for new customers. If your number is important to you .you can port it to another provider that has a 15$ plan like fizz

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Hye 

you old $15 plan has been removed from the menu...but...this one might be a good 2nd choice. It even has a bit of data for your use...

save.png

The customer has already incidcated that the lowest priced available plan is $29, so unfortunately, the $19 plan isn't available..  Different plans are available to different Public Mobile customers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hye 

you old $15 plan has been removed from the menu...but...this one might be a good 2nd choice. It even has a bit of data for your use...

edited

@Hye wrote:

I was on the $15 plan for a while. I changed to $34 plan as I wanted US data while visiting my daughter in the states.  Now I want to switch back to $15 plan but it is gone from the options. The cheapest plan available is now $29. Any way I can go back to $15 plan again? I don’t use my phone very much so I don’t need a lot of data 

Sorry, but the $15 plan isn't available to existing customers.  Since it's not listed in your account, the plan is unfortunately no longer available to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.