cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous sim card not working and e-sim not available.

Lavel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried to change my plans on the old sim card but the account doesn't show my previous plan. Instead, it asks me to get a new plan. I got one just now with an e-sim card. I checked the IMEI and it said it's good to use. However, after I paid and goes to the public mobile app, it said my phone is not compatible with e-sim. And it doesn't let me get into the app for a refund or unsubscription. So, I went to the chatbox for help, then the page of submitting the ticket shows error. How should I contact public mobile to cancel all of my plans and get a refund?

12 REPLIES 12

Yes welcome back to this stupid new system. It has given you erroneous information that has lead you down the wrong paths.

Like these:
"but the account doesn't show my previous plan. Instead, it asks me to get a new plan."
and
"I checked the IMEI and it said it's good to use."
and finally that the ticket system is broken
"then the page of submitting the ticket shows error."

A cavalcade of stupidity. And this is the effect it has on customers.

Lavel

Thank you! 

@Lavel  So using that link to support . Explain to them what you were trying to do what you have done . And what’s so far happened . And they will be able to get this all straightened out for you . Best of luck 🤞 

Lavel

I was travelling for 3 months so I changed my plan to the cheapest. And when I try to login to my account today it asks me to get a new plan. I couldn't get into my original account at all. 

Lavel

I don't have a data limit set on my phone. I was travelling for 3 months so I changed my plan to the cheapest. I just want to change it back and this happened lol. 

@Lavel wrote:

Yes, it's still working but I need more data and that's why I wanna change my plan. Yaaa, it's really causing a lot of trouble right now. I guess the system didn't link me to an existing account. 

@Lavel 

what error you got then you change plan?

or you can change plan just unable to use the data?

Do you possibly have a data limiter set on your phone (if Android)? When is your next renewal? If you know your 4 digit account pin then maybe a small data add-on would hold you over until the renewal. You can get that dialing 611.

But still contact support to get rid of that waste of making an account. Ridiculous. (not you)

Lavel

Yes, it's still working but I need more data and that's why I wanna change my plan. Yaaa, it's really causing a lot of trouble right now. I guess the system didn't link me to an existing account. 

Are your services still working on the existing sim? What a ridiculous mess this system has driven you to. You should not have needed to make a new account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lavel 

change your old on your old sim card

so, you are an existing users who just try to change sim card

You shouldn't be activating new accounts.  You just need to login to your existing  My account and make change sim card request on Profile page.  

But I believe you have trouble accessing your old My Account at this time, or the EverSafe Login system was unable to link your email login with the My Account, please open ticket with PM support here :

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lavel

Thanks for the ticket help! I have tried to type in the existing sim card but the system shows invalid. 😞

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lavel  ESIM is only for new activations not existing customers  just yet .so that could be the issue .  But to submit ticket with support here’s the link 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.