cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number

LornaAvis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porting/sim issue??

Telus confirmed over the phone that they released my phone number for porting to public mobile several days ago, but when I put my Public Movile SIM card in, I don’t get service. What can I do?

13 REPLIES 13

@LornaAvis wrote:

It’s an apple iPhone 11pro and no the sim isn’t working in any phone

@LornaAvis  - have you tried the SIM into another compatible phone?. EDITDuh, you answered that above!! sorry

Just to be sure, check if the phone is not blacklisted: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Were you charged for the Public Mobile SIM card activation?

Did it say Koodo, and perhaps did you cancel that charge....because the activation shows Koodo, but Public Mobile going forward.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LornaAvis 

Try powering off the phone before you putting in the SIM in the phone then wait a few minutes then power on the phone.

If it didn’t work then contact the CS_Agent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LornaAvis : Then you need to contact the CSA's as already provided.

LornaAvis

It’s an apple iPhone 11pro and no the sim isn’t working in any phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LornaAvis : Are you able to try the SIM in another phone? Is this an Apple iphone? Or an Android?

LornaAvis

Thank you. 
I just reset my network settings and up top it says, “No service.” How can I get my SIM provisioned properly?

@HALIMACS   No.  As far as I know, Porting team only deal with Porting, they don't do more than that.  And that is exactly why PM does not want the number posted here.. people would just call and hope to have them fix account setup issue..

So, Telus just "programs" those "robots" to only do porting, no more , no less

@HALIMACS wrote:

I understand that is the 'standard' reply @computergeek541 to utilize the Customer Support Agents.  ( Yes, they can certainly assist as well @LornaAvis  )

I have heard differently from others in similar situations wherein the agents at the TELUS porting number were able to remedy the issue.

Are you 100% certain they cannot?

The porting team has no access to the the accounts of Public Mobile customers and cannot fix Public Mobile issues.  They can only fix porting issues, while this one isn't one of those.

I understand that is the 'standard' reply @computergeek541 to utilize the Customer Support Agents.  ( Yes, they can certainly assist as well @LornaAvis  )

I have heard differently from others in similar situations wherein the agents at the TELUS porting number were able to remedy the issue.

Are you 100% certain they cannot?

@LornaAvis wrote:

Porting/sim issue??

Telus confirmed over the phone that they released my phone number for porting to public mobile several days ago, but when I put my Public Movile SIM card in, I don’t get service. What can I do?

Before anyone else says this, do not call the Telus porting team about this. They will not be able to help in a situation in which your Public Mobile service is not working at all.  The only people who can fix a Pubilc Mobile account provisioning issue are Public Mobile customer support agents.  To contact a customer support agent, please open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LornaAvis    I assume the same phone was used on Telus without issue?  did you try putting the SIM on another phone and see if you have the same problem?

Look like it is a provisioning issue and not porting

So, can you even make an outgoing calls?

What is the status showing on top?  SIM not provisioned?  No Network? No SIM?

if you cannot make outgoing calls and there are errors like that showing on the phone, open a ticket with PM Support and have them confirm if the SIM was provisioned properly

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LornaAvis 

EDIT:   My response below is not applicable to the OP's issue.  

You can call the number I'll send you via Private Message.

Hopefully you can use someone else's phone to call this number.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

Need Help? Let's chat.