cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over a landline - No Incoming calls after 12hrs

GolfViewPhone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I ported over my grandparents line last night from Bell to Public (using a ZTE WF721 base station). After looking at the FAQ I see that Public mobile can take up to 2 days to transfer a landline. Seeing as they have no other means of communication is it possible to expedite this process?

I'm told that they can make outgoing calls and it shows up with the correct caller id, but they cannot receive incoming calls. This is an issue as they're waiting for news from a Doctor.

I'm hoping someone from the Public Mobile Team can be of assistance. Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15

GolfViewPhone

For anyone else that has this issue:

After calling the Port Team, they can confirm if the port was successful. But there is a minimum 2 day period when switching landline or VOIP numbers. The reasoning has something to do with rules and regulations in Canada.

GolfViewPhone

Very appreciated! Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GolfViewPhone : Please disregard the above long post. You've already acknowledged and thanked people. They seem to have a distinct inability to choose to read.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GolfViewPhone 

the process can take up to 3 to 7 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

Transferring A Phone Number (publicmobile.ca)

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service..

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GolfViewPhone  I sent you a private message with the Port Teams number. We are not allowed to post it on the forums. They may be able to help you.

The envelope on top right of your page is your inbox. The message is in there.

GolfViewPhone

@softech @BeachNBeer 

You're right. I'm using the ZTE base station to replace their existing landline. It's equipped with a battery in case of power loss and they have a cell tower just down the street. Just talk, no data or text etc.

The PROS far exceed the CONS with Bell. They refused to fix the ancient copper line and every time we had rainy weather they would loose service for days at a time. Plus there is no other landline service on their street.

Thank you all for your input. I was hoping there was some method to expedite the process but from what I've gathered there's nothing that can be done. I'll let them know that they just need to wait the 2-4 days. I'm not sure if this is true but I called Bell and they said that the transfer is 100% on the new carrier...

Again, Thanks everyone for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BeachNBeer : I can interpret that too...but it's not clear. Maybe it doesn't matter. I used to have the Telus WHP service using the same box.

..sound like OP is putting the PM SIM into the ZTE..

while this solution will work.. but since it s for home with old people, you might want to have a backup solution.. especially if there is no other cell line or internet..

BeachNBeer

@Anonymous  I think OP means using a ZTE on Public Mobile to make it a home phone. I have Koodo home phone. It's the same ZTE box OP mentioned with a Koodo sim card (no data) in it and connects to your home phones. Works with PM card as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused about your landline and your bit about ZTE. Is that the Bell service or you're putting the PM SIM in to one?

GolfViewPhone

@softech 
Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately they do not have internet or a phone / computer available to them.

@GolfViewPhone wrote:

The issue is that Bell has refused at this point to fix their 60+ year old line and that service is no longer functional. They can't receive any calls from that service either...

@GolfViewPhone   Sad to hear that.  Unforturnately you will have to wait for the port to complete

BUT, while you are waiting, maybe download a VoIP app, like TextNow.  You get to pick a Canadian phone number,  People can call you like normal number and you will get them as long as you have Wifi or Data on.  That likely a very good workaround for you for now.

GolfViewPhone

@BeachNBeer @softech 

The issue is that Bell has refused at this point to fix their 60+ year old line and that service is no longer functional. They can't receive any calls from that service either...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GolfViewPhone   No, porting from landline is trickier and hence it takes more time.  Depends on the complexity, it could take 3 to 5 business days.

yes, you can make outgoing calls in the mean time.  the incoming calls should still be coming to your Bell line until the porting is completed.  So, still have your phone connects to your Bell jack.

For your PM SIm, reboot it every couple hours for an update.  But be patient, it is usually 3 to 5 business days.  

BeachNBeer

@GolfViewPhone  Porting a landline could take up to a week to finalize. Ensure bell account is still active and let the system do its work. Bell may have contacted them to authorize the port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.