cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Bell to public

monicavc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I would like to port my number which is currently with bell and move it to public mobile. can you please let me know procedure to move over.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@monicavc wrote:

Hi,

I would like to port my number which is currently with bell and move it to public mobile. can you please let me know procedure to move over.

Thanks

@monicavc 

Check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Activation, and the porting process, can be done during the online activation pages here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Or, you can activate in store, or you may also use this for link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Cell phone ports take 2-3 hours to complete. Leave Bell SIM in phone to approve porting text.

Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days to complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over. 

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @monicavc 

Start with get a PM SIM from a store.

There is still a promotion on till end of today, activate today ONLINE yourself with the promo code 12MONTHS2GB and get extra 2GB for 12 months

Also, make sure you get a friend referral code from your friend to save $10

For your Bell account, just make sure it is still Active.  DO NOT close the account yourself.  When porting is completed, it will be closed automatically.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@monicavc 

Just remember to leave the old SIM in your phone while activating the SIM then reply to text confirming you are porting your number over…common mistake that members make. 
Or go to London Drugs or Walmart and have staff activate for you…they might just give the SIM to you for free if there is a promo.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you just signed up with PM, pick any available number and confirm everything is working as expected: SMS/call in/out, Internet.

When everything gets stabilized initiate porting procedure providing Old provider info in Change number page.

KEEP your Bell SIM in a phone until you receive porting confirmation SMS from Bell. Reply YES within 90 minutes.

Porting should be completed within few hours.Usually SMS starts working first then calls.

In case of any porting issues, come back here and guys will advise you how to proceed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@monicavc 

You can port your number in from bell thru your self serve account. Go to the change number feature on your overview page. Choose to port (transfer) your phone number and check the authorization box and enter the following information :

1. Full name on your bell account.
  2. Phone number to be ported to pm.
  3. Bell account #.
  4. Alternate # (optional) Unlikely to be needed or for pm to call you but your work, home, spouses etc....number will do just in case.

Keep your Bell sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. You can ten place the pm sim card back in your phone and your port will complete within a few minutes to a maximum of 2 hours. Once incoming calls work on your pm sim card and your bell sim card ceases functioning your bell account will be closed and your port completed.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@monicavc 

Do you have a temporary PM number right now?  Or want to activate a new SIM card?

Here is some more information about porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Make sure to keep your Bell SIM card in your phone until you receive the confirmation text from Bell to confirm your port.  Type: Yes.  

Also, you will need Bell's account number. Bell account holder name and phone number for port.  Your Bell account needs to be active for port to be successful.  

Need Help? Let's chat.