cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my phone

Randolphe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help porting my phone. I went to London Drugs and someone there installed the SIM card. My previous service was inactive so I didn’t receive any message. No my account can receive calls

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Randolphe 

If your previous carrier service was inactive before the porting…you lost your old number.

You need it active for the porting to work.

What did the LD staff tell you?

Did they ask you to pick a new number?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Randolphe 

Who is your previous provider? Your account must be active to port a number from it unless it is koodo or telus. Pay and reactivate your previous account on the lowest possible plan to port your number or contact customer support if you are with koodo or telus to port your number in from an inactive account.

[incorrect info deleted ........ Luddite]

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Wouldn't their issue be with their previous provider and not PM? They would need to contact their customer service, not sure what PM can do for them if the number isn't available.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try to reactivate previous service. Otherwise you will have to live with new phone number. But you never know, maybe previous provider can help you out if you kindly ask...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, your previous phone/plan/sim must be active to be able to port the number over. Typically you would get that message you referred to and once you type yes, you'd get another text usually pretty quickly welcoming you to PM.  At that point you could swap your new sim in, restart your phone and you'd be good to go. Your number may be with your previous provider or back into a general pool.  If it is really recent you may be able to contact them to try and open that option so you can get the message and the port reset but usually a lot of hoops to jump through and overall a lot more difficult.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If your previous service is in active.  You cannot port. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Randolphe 

Your prior service needs to be active to be successfully ported. 

I'll private message you a number to call.

Check envelope icon upper right.

Need Help? Let's chat.