cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone just randomly started going straight to voicemail.

jurrrrrr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m on an iPhone 11, it worked normally up until a day ago, suddenly all of my incoming calls just go straight to voicemail.

I can still make outgoing calls, and everything else seems he working normally. I’ve tried resetting my phone, toggling airplane mode on and off, and do not disturb is not active. I’ve changed announce calls to always, and disabled silence unknown callers. It’s still going directly to voicemail. 

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jurrrrrr 

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

As described in my post the current cell tower equipment upgrades cause a delay in switching from 4G to 3G for incoming calls and the phone defaults to sending incoming calling to voicemail. Outgoing calling still works as any delay would only cause a momentary pause in connecting to the 3G network to make the call. This is a known issue that has been occurring for nearly a year now. Most regulars are aware of this issue which is why you frequently see this suggestion as a troubleshooting tip.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jurrrrrr 

Did this occur after renewal? If yes it could be a provisioning issue. As suggested try switching to 3G only if this works then it is likely equipment upgrades on your local cell towers causing the issue. Work generally take up to 2 weeks to be completed. Switch back to the 4G/3G/2G (autoconnect) every few days to see if the issue is resolved.

If it is a provisioning issue there are a few more troubleshooting tips you can try that you haven't already. 

1. Remove your sim card. Test in another phone if possible. Otherwise wait 10 minutes before reseating the sim card and rebooting.
  2. Make a $1 manual top up payment. Log out and reboot your phone.
  3. Log into into your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot.**

** If you are the points program you can use this tip without consequence. If you are on the rewards program it causes a glitch of your rewards not applying upon renewal. You must contact customer support and ask for your rewards to be applied manually.

If none of these suggestions solve your issue contact customer support to reset your account and reprovision your sim card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@0077 if outgoing calls work, which means there is a connection, why would switching to 3g have any effect?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jurrrrrr can you check your call forwarding setting ? And disabled them.

Edit Also do real  sms arrive ok? Not talking  about iMessage 

Need Help? Let's chat.