cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number from Bell Mobility to Public Mobile

BaoTran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have just contact Bell Mobility Agents and They told me to contact Public Mobile to port my number. 

11 REPLIES 11

Check the link to see if Telus/Koodo/Public would be able to accept the number.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

@Yummy- They're coming here, not going to Bell.

@BaoTran wrote:

Hi, thank you for your advice but I have already tried it and it said unable to transfer the number I entered. 

@BaoTran   

While most numbers can be ported around, but some numbers might have to stay with only particular providers.

Give us the first 6 digits of the number (area code + next 3) and we can confirm if it can be ported here.  Or where else can it ported into

You do it by yourself.

Both accounts have to be active and in good standing.

Then at Bell you initiate port request. You will get SMS from PM and have to reply Yes within 90 minutes. Porting process will start right away and should be finished within few hours. Keep your Bell SIM in your phone to receive SMS.

@BaoTran 

Did you follow my instructions on your other post?

@BaoTran @Is your bell account still active or do you have money owing for a phone or something?if so so you can’t port until those issues are settled

BaoTran

Hi, thank you for your advice but I have already tried it and it said unable to transfer the number I entered. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BaoTran 

Few things to do while porting to PM.

- Bell account must be activate and payment up to date

- Purchase and active SIM online with Bell account number

- Leave the Bell SIM in the phone and reply to text confirming with you are porting over to PM. You have up to 90 minutes to reply 

- Power off the phone and swap the SIM

- Power on your phone and welcome to PM

These step must be followed in order your you will run into porting issues.

If you don’t think you can do this, just go to a PM retailer like London Drugs, Walmart or Superstore (Loblaws) Mobile Shop and the can activate the SIM for you. Sometimes they will give you the SIM for free if they activate it for you.

HI @BaoTran    are you already PM customer?  If that is the case, go to My Account, click Change Number and you can request porting there

If you have not joined yet, then activate the PM account, there is a step about Porting. 

Make sure you enter account number and not IMEI number in the info for Bell 

BaoTran

Hi, How can I contact public mobile to transfer my Bell number to Public Mobile? Thank you for helping me.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The Bell service needs to be active. You need to leave the Bell sim in a phone to confirm a text from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.