cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in a kodoo number

a-regular
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I activated my account and want to port in my new number and need a moderater to do so but with the long wait time could i go to walmart and have them do it? Or do i have to wait?

25 REPLIES 25

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@a-regular  and @FGinBC  Moderators can take upto 2 days to respond back and sometimes it can be a little longer if there have been more issues than normal to respond to.  The number of people ahead you will also determine the length of time to hear back.

Unfortunately, this happens to be one of the drawbacks to having an online only customer support.  Hopefully, it won't be that long before either one of you hear back.  Good luck.

@GinYVR wrote:

@FGinBCCould be up to 48 hours.. due to workload and they don't work 24 hours.. I think they are off work now since they are based on EST.

Some moderators work until midnight (eastern time) on weekdays.

@FGinBCCould be up to 48 hours.. due to workload and they don't work 24 hours.. I think they are off work now since they are based on EST.

a-regular

@FGinBC wrote:

How long does it usually take to get a response from the moderators? I sent them a private message several hours ago. @CS_Agent 

I am at 14 hours and counting

FGinBC

How long does it usually take to get a response from the moderators? I sent them a private message several hours ago. @CS_Agent 

a-regular

@RossN wrote:

@a-regular ok hope they resolve issue soon, one thing before you go a person I know had an issue getting there number ported on another carrier once because of the contract they were in they had to pay of their phone and settle there account before it was released not sure if this is relevent to you anyways good luck!!

My contract was up in May so i shouldn't have that issue. atleast i hope not i know i will have to pay on what i use this month but I don't have a contract anymore

@a-regular ok hope they resolve issue soon, one thing before you go a person I know had an issue getting there number ported on another carrier once because of the contract they were in they had to pay of their phone and settle there account before it was released not sure if this is relevent to you anyways good luck!!

a-regular

@RossN wrote:

@a-regular ok I wanted to be sure so yes at this point I guess you will have to use your temp number and wait for a moderator to reply hopefully your phone is working I hope ?

I am going to use my kodoo sim until it can get ported as there to many people to contact with new number for such a short period of time

@a-regular ok I wanted to be sure so yes at this point I guess you will have to use your temp number and wait for a moderator to reply hopefully your phone is working I hope ?

a-regular

@RossN wrote:

@a-regular hi you said you activated your account you completed the sign up and picked a plan and I assume took a temporary number and then paid for your account am I correct?

Yes that is correct.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@a-regular hi you said you activated your account you completed the sign up and picked a plan and I assume took a temporary number and then paid for your account am I correct?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@FGinBC  you have to send a message to the Moderator_Team for them to port it,  it's the only way to port a Koodo prepaid! Make sure you keep the Koodo account active!   

FGinBC

How do I port my prepaid number then? Thank you.

FGinBC

This doesn't work for me. I used a different email, etc. but it says they were unable to transfer the number. I had a Koodo prepaid plan. The rep at Walmart said I would be able to port my number. My number is used for my small business so it is important that I can transfer my number asap.

@Lorca wrote:

When you’re coming over from Koodo, use a different email than the one you use with with them. Take a new number when you sign up. After you’ve signed up with PM you’ll be able to port your old Koodo prepaid number over. Click change number on the right and it will give you the option to port.

@Lorca  Don't agree with the email recommendation. I used the same email when I came over from Koodo and it wasn't an issue for me. I also used a temp number before porting my Koodo number so running both accounts at the same time using the same email was not a problem.

Also for accuracy the OP has a postpaid account not a prepaid account. Prepaid Koodo cannot be ported using selfserve.

a-regular

Hi I do have 2 different e-mails but it asked to check eligabity and that as far as it goes 

@a-regular hi walmart cannot help you at this point in the process unfortunely you will need a moderator

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you’re coming over from Koodo, use a different email than the one you use with with them. Take a new number when you sign up. After you’ve signed up with PM you’ll be able to port your old Koodo prepaid number over. Click change number on the right and it will give you the option to port.

a-regular

yes my account is still active and it doesn't let me get far enough to put in an account number. I might try walmart

a-regular

yes

@a-regular wrote:

I have a post paid account but it tells me .... We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I have sent a PM but unsure of what their response times are these days I've read everything from 2 mins to 10 days. I sent my PM this morning about 10 hours ago.

@a-regular  Is you Koodo account still active? It must be active and your account is monthly not Koodo prepaid (30 days) correct? 

If you have one of those PM Kiosks near by might be worth a try because they have a direct line into the mothership and can expedite the process.

Edit: Also double check your account number to make sure the info is correct.

@a-regular  hi is your koodo account still active?

a-regular

I have a post paid account but it tells me .... We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I have sent a PM but unsure of what their response times are these days I've read everything from 2 mins to 10 days. I sent my PM this morning about 10 hours ago.

@a-regular wrote:

Hi I activated my account and want to port in my new number and need a moderater to do so but with the long wait time could i go to walmart and have them do it? Or do i have to wait?

Walmart cannot help you because you already have your account going. If your number is from a postpaid Koodo account, you can request the porting from within selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

If your number is in a prepaid Koodo account, you will need to send a private message to Public Mobile's moderators.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@a-regular, I assume you are talking about porting in a number from Koodo prepaid.  Only the moderator team can complete that number port.  No choice but to stay patient.  Response times seem to be closer to 48 hours at this time.

Need Help? Let's chat.