cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charge for a change of plan?

expiredyogurt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have auto renew turned on for my monthly plan of $40 for 4.5gb. I updated my plan to $45 for 6gb and selected the option to renew to that plan on the next renewal. 

The day came for my my auto renew but it didn’t renew my plan and my service got cut. I couldn’t call text or use my data. I had to manually make a payment of $45 for the new plan but today upon checking my bank statement, I got charged up to $70 for this. I’m not sure what is going on but I think a mod would have to chime in on this to fix it I think. 

Heres a a screenshot of my payment history on public mobile site and my bank statement. 87F782E5-3FE7-4ED8-81A6-1099F9CCD383.png

6CD42868-C7EF-4E63-84E9-6897627468B2.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Did I miss a promotion?

6GB for $35?

I thought you didn't like the big-data promos? 🙂

@AnonymousYou are correct. I don't. But still curious because I don't remember seeing it and the current 6gb promotion is $45.

It is the same $45 6GB promo. The $10 debit charge makes it $45 plan. You didn't miss anything lol

expiredyogurt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess I have to send a PM to the mods as usual. It was really weird for me because it did not renew my plan on the day of renewal and on top of that, it suspended my number and render it useless. I definitely think the issue lies with the system but at this point, my number is working as inteded, I'd just like to get a refund on the amount debited from my bank and forget this ever happen. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Did I miss a promotion?

6GB for $35?

@AnonymousYou are correct. I don't. But still curious because I don't remember seeing it and the current 6gb promotion is $45.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Did I miss a promotion?

6GB for $35?

Did I miss a promotion?

6GB for $35?

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think I have heard similar issue in here before. When I wanted to change my plan and did similar future plan change thing, the date look confusing to me as the account indicated both payment due date and plan change date which are same.

Having heard of this double charging issue, I simply planed and did changed my plan manually about 2 days before the payment due date and that solved the possibility of double charging.

What you can do is simply contact the moderators and I'm sure they'll resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is why I asked about the timing. The numbers play silly buggers until they're settled down. I wonder if the OP did the manual payment in the time that the system DID take some money. Or if there was some kind of immediate plan change.

@Dunkman wrote:

@expiredyogurt

Did you top up $43 + taxes or $20 + taxes when your account was not working?  You do have $10 balance, so it looks like that they "overcharged" you $10.  

The moderators will need to fix that for you.....  It will take 3-5 days for moderator to respond though....

Seems like the $45-$2 (AutoPay) was automatically charged. The $10 debit supposed to be added only once to make the plan total to $45. The system correctly recognized the futuredated plan change, but for some reason it complicated things. 

@expiredyogurt

Did you top up $43 + taxes or $20 + taxes when your account was not working?  You do have $10 balance, so it looks like that they "overcharged" you $10.  

The moderators will need to fix that for you.....  It will take 3-5 days for moderator to respond though....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like $20 plus 13% tax and $43 plus 13% tax.

Did you have other rewards on account?

Did this just happen as in tonight?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@expiredyogurtSomething totally gone wrong with your renewal. You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation. Only they can investigate and see what went wrong. 

Need Help? Let's chat.