cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Telus

RileyAnn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I switched over from Telus mobility this morning. I gave permission via text to transfer my number, I activated my new SIM but I still have no service after 6 hours. Telus has cancelled my account. does it take longer sometimes to port from telus?

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Weird you already picked a solution which I commented on....? And you picked the same one again? Do you know something that I can't see that your fellow Oracle doesnt deserve? Im confused?

@Luddite 

Umm did you accidentally pick the wrong solution? Did you mean to choose @computergeek541 's solution instead? Lol...or mine?!!😉

@RileyAnn 

Your SIM card did not provision correctly upon activation. Follow @computergeek541 instructions. Type in "SIM card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon to contact the CSA's. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Your telus number has been successfully ported to pm as indicated by your telus account being closed. Customer support will have you up and running in no time.

Usually SMS starts working first then after few hours calls.

Try to SMS somebody, see if it works. If it does that means porting is in progress and you will soon have full functionality.

If it does not (even after 6 hours) contact CSR as per above links. Creating ticket is fastest way (from my experience).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RileyAnn 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mine 2 years ago took only  a few minutes. Telus to PM. 

Reboot your phone and reseat your Public Mobile SIM. I hope you did not leave the Telus SIM in your phone. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@RileyAnn   So, you confirm outgoing calls not working too?  Usually during activation, even with porting, outgoing calls should work immediately.

What is showing on the screen?  No Service? SIM Not provisioned?  You tried your SIM on another phone?    

Open ticket with the Chatbot on the lower right to confirm if they have provisioned your account properly.

@Triguy   You should know better not to shell out that number to just anyone, if it's not port related.   😆😆

You know I'm kidding, right?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RileyAnn 

When you confirmed the text from Telus, did you power off the phone then swapped to the PM SIM?

If not, just power off the phone and wait a few minutes then power the phone back on.

@Triguy wrote:

It should take a few hours.  I sent you a message with the phone number to contact the Telus porting department.

@Triguy 

The porting team should not be contacted in a situation such as this.  This isn't a porting issue.  As the Telus Mobility service has stopped working, porting has completed.

@RileyAnn 

As you have no Public Mobile service, do not call that porting team phone number.  The only people who can fix a Public Mobile account provisioning issue are the Public Mobile customer support agents. Please open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

RileyAnn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome, ill give it a try. Thanks

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should take a few hours.  I sent you a message with the phone number to contact the Telus porting department.

Need Help? Let's chat.