cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a landline

Bananabeachbun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, everyone,

Got my new PM Sim today, set it all up and went through the steps to port my teksavvy VOIP number to my PM account. Got the screen where it says to enter the 6 digit code sent to my teksavvy landline, but of course I can't receive SMS on a land line.  So I called teksavvy and apparently PM put the number as a re seller, which they can't port, so they rejected it. So now I am stuck and can't do anything without that 6 digit code. Can't try to change the number to a new one or anything. Is there anyway to reset everything and start from scratch 

8 REPLIES 8

I've tried that, unfortunately when I click re send code, it literally re sends the code through sms and restarts the expiration clock...ugh. 

Not an option to send via email. I shouldn't have tried 2 port my old number. What an absolute pain 

@Bananabeachbun wrote:

Hmmm, yea I don't get that screen, in just have an option to resend the code, but nothing to re direct it to an email

1000010043.jpg

Rsend Code/Didn't get the code both do the same thing.

Bananabeachbun

Hmmm, yea I don't get that screen, in just have an option to resend the code, but nothing to re direct it to an email

1000010043.jpg

You should be able to redirect code to your email.

Meow_0-1718293502002.pngMeow_1-1718293505825.png

Ok, thank you, teksavvy said they rejected the transfer as PM put it in as a reseller.. so now it makes sense as to why it's doing that. Pm did their part but teksavvy denied it, so that's why I'm having the issues..  Now the problem is I can't access my account to just request a generated number because I can't receive the 6 digit SMS code needed to access my account because it's sending it to my landline...hahahaha. I can't even cancell my plan, which is what I want to do at this point. 🙂 

@Bananabeachbun wrote:

It's so strange, now I can call and receive calls on my landline still, and at the same time make calls from the ported number yet can't receive calls on that ported number. So I have a landline and cell using the same number, but all incoming calls still go to the original landline. 

The number transfer has not completed yet.  Number transfer is pretty much the consolidation of phone number databases so that everyone is on the same page.  Public Mobile has update the number on their end.  

Bananabeachbun

It's so strange, now I can call and receive calls on my landline still, and at the same time make calls from the ported number yet can't receive calls on that ported number. So I have a landline and cell using the same number, but all incoming calls still go to the original landline. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bananabeachbun 

Probably best to start with a temporary PM number.  VOIP/Landline transfers takes several business days to complete. 

You will likely need to submit a ticket for customer agent help.  

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

IF that does not work, you can private message CS_Agent:

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.